Engine Which Kenne-bell??

toxzzic1

Jan 1, 2012
SW Va
I am hoping to make 500 rwhp with my newly acquired 02 GT. I am planning on using a Kenne Bell system . I will upgrade my fuel pump,injectors,ignition and exhaust system. What Supercharger would you recommend and any other mods. I am looking to do this with stock internals. The engine currently has 66k miles on it. The car is stock except for Flowmaster mufflers. Thanks for the help guys.

• Sponsors (?)

agreed. if you make 500 rwhp with a kenne bell, your going to put a window in the side of your block...
with that being said, i would suggest that you get the 2.6l tuner kit... my reason for that is because if you decide later to upgrade your short block with a forged rotating assembly, the 2.1 will be your limiting factor for horsepower.
i went with the 2.1 for practical reasons, mainly i didnt think i would ever spend the time or money to go with a forged bottom end. well, i have been stewing on doing that for quite some time now, and i will not pony up the money to buy a new blower if i do... so that limits the amount of boost i can run with out sending the iat's through the roof, therefore limiting the amount of rwhp i can make.

Any supercharger system will get you to 400hp for a "reasonable" amount of money. Just keep it under 12lbs of boost and you should be fine. Even with full bolt ons I don't think you'd get too 400hp. And you'd spend as much or more on heads long tubes cams and all the other goodies and finding a supercharger kit

I like their set up because it is extremely versatile. It's a "tuner" system you can put any blower on that will bolt to a terminator. Only downside is their kit is $2200 and then you can either get an m112 takeoff from a termi for like $500 (get you a tad over 400hp at around 9-10lbs) or go bigger but you're gonna pay for the blower.

That sounds like something that I would be interested in. It would kinda give you a factory look as well. Hopefully I can get my bike sold or traded quickly. Are the Saleen superchargers any bettor than the terminator superchargers?

Yea they are a pretty clean look. I think the Saleens run a whipple I'm not 100% sure. I put down 410hp at 9lbs boost intercooled

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    604.9 KB · Views: 125
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    590.6 KB · Views: 108
I agree your stock motor won't hold if your wanting to boost it to make that kind of power. I ran the 2.1 on a stock long block and believe me it will explode into a million pieces if you decide to crank it up to 13psi lol. Personally i love the kenne bell, me and my buddies run them and the instant boost is a lot of fun. The 2.1 works good for low boost but it becomes very restrictive when you crank it up. I just built a new engine and I am trying to get rid of my 2.1 so I can get a 2.6.