Which one to get??

Stallionlover

Nov 5, 2006
Ok people I have been wondering this forever as you all probably have noticed but which year of Mustang should I get? I am debating between the 04 GT or the 05 GT. I will have around 3,000 (maybe) to spend on it. Everyone says 05 but doesn't give any reasons why I should get it over the other one. Anyway please tell me what year to get, what modifications I should put on it, and why I should do this. Thanks.:SNSign:

• Sponsors (?)

I will give you my opinion. I have a 2003 mustang gt. I enjoy the car,but it doesn't have enough power. Thats why i put aftermarket parts on it. I thought about buying a sn197 (2005+) so i went to the stealership to drive one. It is nice inside and the engine compartment has room to easily do mods. I felt the car was a little bigger than i like. So i decided to keep my current mustang. I would make a list of pros and cons you like about the cars and make up your own mind. Make sure it is what you want. That's my advice
Outlaw 32 out:flag:

dimeadz said:
I will give you my opinion. I have a 2003 mustang gt. I enjoy the car,but it doesn't have enough power. Thats why i put aftermarket parts on it. I thought about buying a sn197 (2005+) so i went to the stealership to drive one. It is nice inside and the engine compartment has room to easily do mods. I felt the car was a little bigger than i like. So i decided to keep my current mustang. I would make a list of pros and cons you like about the cars and make up your own mind. Make sure it is what you want. That's my advice
Outlaw 32 out:flag:

that is wut i am worried about... size. i am so used to the new edge models that i dont know if i will like the s197's. and to me the new edges look better but idk i guess i will have to test them both out and see wut i like better.

If you want to mod, get an 05... they actually gain something when you put parts on them. They also cost a little more to mod though. You need to tune them for a cold air intake... lol.

Looks are subjective. Some 05's I like, some not as much. If you want to keep the cost down, get something pre-05.

idk i am so confused rite now. lol. wen i get it it is going to be a daily driver. i'm not going to mod it that much but i do wut a car that will smoke ricers and camaros and any other ppl like that. so i have no clue wut to get. also r the s197's getting smaller because i have seen some 07's that look smaller than normal???

Your 14 right? Congrats.

Just get the 05. More stock power, brand new motor design, higher potential in the long run.

Whatever you do, get one of the classic cool colors. Black or red or yellow. Or gray. All the other colors on the new stangs suck :mad:

Also, don't get the factory spoiler. Put an aftermarket ducktail style spoiler on it later. Classic cool ;)

I'm assuming someone is buying this car for you. And I'm also assuming your getting the GT. In that case, I'd say it would be downright foolish to not get the '05. Or I guess '07 or '08 by the time you are of age.

If your getting the V6... :shrug:

geoffsgt said:
Your 14 right? Congrats.

Just get the 05. More stock power, brand new motor design, higher potential in the long run.

Whatever you do, get one of the classic cool colors. Black or red or yellow. Or gray. All the other colors on the new stangs suck :mad:

Also, don't get the factory spoiler. Put an aftermarket ducktail style spoiler on it later. Classic cool ;)

I'm assuming someone is buying this car for you. And I'm also assuming your getting the GT. In that case, I'd say it would be downright foolish to not get the '05. Or I guess '07 or '08 by the time you are of age.

If your getting the V6... :shrug:

wow ur good. i am 14 how'd u kno??? and yes this will be a graduation gift from my parents. i am leening towards the 05. i want either a gray one or a dark blue or red one. i also want to put on a shaker hood scoop. or get a body kit for it. and i do like the ducktail spoiler. and trust me there is no point in owning an v6 stang. i would never do it. its retarded in my opinion.