Whipple 3.3 or 3.4

STRTRENEGADE354

Jan 15, 2004
Talked to whipple and they are very close to releasing the new charger. I have been told the charger made just a tad less then 650 hp. with only a t/b cold air , injectors , charger and tune w/stock exhaust that is just plain nasty.:hail2:
Has anyone heard any info on the new charger they would like to share?

Looks like I am going to sell my 2.3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Sponsors (?)

Just some bad press and public relations is all. I'm sure you're aware of the land speed record EsqEddy set using the new KB 2.8? Well Whipple had the chance to have their name on the record. EsqEddy was working with Whipple on getting one of the first 3.3's to use in his attempt, but they kept dicking him around with promises to deliver and never coming through. They blew it and now KB has their name on the record. Whipple blew a great opportunity for some good press.

U.M.

Read all about it here: http://www.modularfords.com/forums/2003-2004-mustang-cobra/my-complaint-letter-to-whipple-56141.html

Not to start anything with ya UM but I really don't feel you're giving Whipple any benefit of the doubt here on this one. There are always 2 sides of the story and by saying " EsqEddy was working with Whipple on getting one of the first 3.3's to use in his attempt, but they kept dicking him around with promises to deliver and never coming through. " and " They blew it and now KB has their name on the record. Whipple blew a great opportunity for some good press." when you, I or anyone else out here has no idea of what really happened I feel is unfair to all others involved. Just giving my opinion here and like I said I'm not trying to argue or be confrontational but just supporting a company and people that have only given my company 100% support!!

Jared@Lethal

Uncle Meat said:
Just some bad press and public relations is all. I'm sure you're aware of the land speed record EsqEddy set using the new KB 2.8? Well Whipple had the chance to have their name on the record. EsqEddy was working with Whipple on getting one of the first 3.3's to use in his attempt, but they kept dicking him around with promises to deliver and never coming through. They blew it and now KB has their name on the record. Whipple blew a great opportunity for some good press.

U.M.

Read all about it here: http://www.modularfords.com/forums/2003-2004-mustang-cobra/my-complaint-letter-to-whipple-56141.html

That's why I posted the link to the thread on ModFords in which the situation was discussed/argued by both sides involved, that way others could read through it and make their own conclusion as to where the disconnect happened.
I personally have nothing against Whipple and they are still in the running for my money when the time comes for me to move up to a twin screw. :nice:

U.M.

U.M. thanks for the link I visit that site often and for the life of me must have overlooked that post. Still I have talked to Whipple and Lethal numerous times and I belive in the product. Hopefully it will be worth the wait, and the charger will do the talking. Thanks

need a 2.3?:)

STRTRENEGADE354 said:
Talked to whipple and they are very close to releasing the new charger. I have been told the charger made just a tad less then 650 hp. with only a t/b cold air , injectors , charger and tune w/stock exhaust that is just plain nasty.:hail2:
Has anyone heard any info on the new charger they would like to share?

Looks like I am going to sell my 2.3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here's some info that Dustin posted on Modfords about the kit...

Here you go guys, the W210ax Cobra H0 kit. There is no pricing yet, initial stages of testing being performed now. This system is scheduled for release around December 4th. 3.4 liter compressor, 2.0 built in pressure ratio for boost levels over 18psi. It's 7/8" higher than our W140ax kit which means the hood needs to be slightly modified on the inside, not much, but it needs a support to be notched.

No prices yet, although it's intended to be under $3800. Pulley's larger than 3.75" will not fit under the hood so some may need to go back to the stock crank pulley to keep the proper clearance.

w200cobrasmallayt1.jpg

w200cobrasmallbbf3.jpg

Attachments

• w200cobrasmallayt1.jpg
    w200cobrasmallayt1.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 107
  • w200cobrasmallbbf3.jpg
    w200cobrasmallbbf3.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 99
Uncle Meat said:
That's why I posted the link to the thread on ModFords in which the situation was discussed/argued by both sides involved, that way others could read through it and make their own conclusion as to where the disconnect happened.
I personally have nothing against Whipple and they are still in the running for my money when the time comes for me to move up to a twin screw. :nice:

U.M.

No prob bro.. My first impression was that it was a shot to Whipple. I just felt there was better info about the kit to post than a link to that thread. That thing turned into a soap opera!!

Anyways,
I'll post more stuff up once I get more info from Dustin.. Thanks, Jared :nice:

No, not a shot at the kit itself in any way! It's just too bad the joint venture between EsqEddy and Whipple didn't come to bare fruit is all. Would have been nice to see the Whipple in the record books is all... Who knows... maybe someone else will attempt to break EsqEddy's record!

U.M.