white face gauges conversion

cb18201

Oct 25, 2003
CT
did anyone have a problem putting there gauge needles back on and getting them set how they used to be, i heard that you cant just put them back on how they are while your car is off, or they will just be messed up. if there is a different way to doing this let me know, thanks

• Sponsors (?)

I have never had any problems what so ever with overlays, maybe I have just been lucky. Some kits do not require removing the needles at all, put the needle through first and slide it under the base to allow everything to pass through. For those that do, I always made the car was cold and note where the gas hand is. The gas hand will go to whatever level is in the tank of course and must be put back in same location. The others will go to low mark and stay until car is started. Dont push the needles on completly until you verify they are in correct position (key on engine off) and your done. Installed several and seems to work for me.

The best way to go is find a wrecked cobra and buy the entire cluster, get the 160mph and 8k tach. :) Can use up to a 98 however with 96(7?) - 98 you will have to change out the gas gauge completly to get a correct reading. Only 2 screws no big deal.

Good Luck.