White Face Gauges - What do you have?

• Sponsors (?)

Fox Saleen 163 said:
I think the needle lights up red because he replaced the origianl clear bulb with a red bulb. Not sure though.
If you want an easy way to do it that costs next to nothing....just take a razor blade and scrape the original white paint off of the back of each needle, then carefully brush on a little transparent red nail polish. Did it to a set one time and they turned out really nice. :nice:

Gearbanger wins a prize. That's exactly what I did. In fact I tried like three sets of needles. One red, one orange and one neon green (just to see what they would look like). The orange ones looked the best overall, both at night and during the day. Use Testors Flourscent Orange. cost me all of 2.50 including the blades to do the job.

yeah i disected a cluster last night....changuing the bulbs wouldnt help. they are all white and its the gauge overlay that makes it change color. i just scratched off my white paint last night and am gonna try the red...just regular RED nail polsih? i dont get the transparent part. i know it means see trhu but...i guiess ill have to ask a woman lol

Stang951 so the stuff on the ones in teh pic at night is flor. orange? is it nailpolish or a spray? whered u get it? also do the 4 smaller needles matter where hey go?
i know they have liek different wieghts in them i think..and they have #s on teh back

I used Testors model paint, flourscent orange. It comes in a small bottle, and you use a brush to apply it.
As far as the little needles, I put them anywhere. I didn't even notice any #'s on the backs of them, but I also had needles from four different clusters. My small gauges dont work either. All of there functions have been moved to Autometer gauges.

You guys really need to paint your needles.

Just use some nail polish remover to get rid of the white and then some testors model paint.

I have the BBK's. They look awesome in the day and ok at night. The night pic sucks because my camera didn't pick up all the light. The entire face is lit, but just slightly dim. This is an extreme exaggeration of dimness but you can see how the needles glow

Whiteface.jpg

Apod2.jpg

Nightface.jpg