Who else notices the 4.10s sucks from a 70+ roll...

...Im pretty sure my 3.08s were slightly quicker from a roll going 70+ than my current 4.10's. Of course I knew this would happen but its so much better racing from a dig. I just hate all these imports racing from a roll all the time. I had a VW 1.8t do this to me and of course I caught 3rd gear but neither on of us could pull, but i imagine i would destroy him out of the hole. Guys with 4.10's whats your opinion?

• Sponsors (?)

At 60mph I'm at about 3k-3200rpm which is a pretty good place to be for a jump. But at 70mph I'm probably at 35-3600rpm which is even better. this is all in 4th gear in a 5spd. My 4th runs out at about 110mph. :shrug:

from 3.73's to 4.10's, I think I might benefit more from the 3.73, but then again, I drive a standard car and race it mostly in bad track conditions where I see it hurt my 60ft. due to loss of traction w/ 4.10's. I have to really slip the clutch and sometimes even that's not enough for the better traction I had with 3.73's

The 4.10's f#cked up my powerband (or I should say changed it) in my 97 Cobra. If I try to downshift into 2nd at 45-50mph, I bounce off the revv limiter. Even 40mph is pushing the limits! If I try to get into 3rd gear on the highway at 70mph, I usually bounce off the limiter or end up shifting a second later. :mad: It SUCKS, becuase 3rd gear used to be great at 70mph with the stockers. 60mph is now the sweet spot for 3rd gear. Between 65-75mph is a really bad place for gearing, b/c I'm usually forced into 4th gear which is "slow" at those speeds. 4th is good for 80+mph.

Punching it from a dig and it feels like a rocket, its a blast to drive. But downshifting is definately more tricky now, its limited my passing ability more.

yeah, le 4.10's are great for the high speed rolls...going 70 hit fourth, which drops you right at the begining of the powerband, till 6K which comes soon and then 5th until they give up. ..def. pulls harder to me in 5th. . .wayyy better than 3.08's, well, until I redline in 5th. . .but I'll get there first dammit;)

2nd Gear - 35-40 mph
3rd Gear - 55-60 mph

i have found that these are the best roll starting speeds, in first youre pretty much gonna spin and the only decent speed for 4th is 85

I think the reason you think 4.10s suck at a 70mph roll is that you are in an automatic. You are so low in the rpm band that the car will feel sluggish when you hit it as it gradually increases speed and rpms.
With my cobra the viper six speed and 4.30s can put me in the perfect rpm for pretty much any mph roll. If someone wants to go from a roll at 50mph I am at 5000rpms in 2nd gear, from 70mph I am at 5100rpms in 3rd. Its perfectly in the beginning of the sweet spot in my power band.

00s281sc368 said:
I do, and I'm still alive :p

From a start a civic could do as good as a mustang. Above 60mph, that's where our power starts talking :lol:

:scratch: That must be one lame ass Mustang, or one quick Civic. Those things have absolutely no low end.