Who has Ford C Springs???

I got mine at GEF- they are uncut with the isolaters in place. There is a bit of a rake to it, but kinda like the agressive look it gives the car- They ride real nice too.

BTW John, do you have any pics of your car? I've been wondering how the white rocker stripes look on a true blue

stangwt.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Bigconig,

Thanks for the info. I too like the raked look, so will do as you've done. Yours looks real sharp. I'll probably keep mine stock for the upcoming season of auto-x, and then put the springs in the in fall.

Will post some pics after I wash the grime off her (she sat in the airport econo lot all last week, so not looking too good at the moment.

The stripes are a nice retro touch I think... :shrug:

I had the Ford C springs on my 99' GT and hated them. I bought them because they were cheap in price. The ride was terrible. The cost may be cheap, but so is the quality. I would buy steeda or eibach. They are worth the money. Don't make the mistake I did. I sold the 99' GT and now have a 02' GT and I have steeda sport springs w/KYB's and love them. Sorry I have no pics, yet.

frozgt said:
I had the Ford C springs on my 99' GT and hated them. I bought them because they were cheap in price. The ride was terrible. The cost may be cheap, but so is the quality. I would buy steeda or eibach. They are worth the money. Don't make the mistake I did. I sold the 99' GT and now have a 02' GT and I have steeda sport springs w/KYB's and love them. Sorry I have no pics, yet.

so this is one guy who hated them compared to how many who like em? by the way...I just installed mine last weekend and love them

I've got the "C" springs on my '00 GT and I really like them. Much firmer handling. They lowered the car 1 1/2" front and 1 1/8" back (with the rear dead coil cut.) Was able to bring the alignment back into spec without C/C plates.

If I was buying springs today I'd either go with the "C's" or H&R's.

Brent13 said:
I've got the "C" springs on my '00 GT and I really like them. Much firmer handling. They lowered the car 1 1/2" front and 1 1/8" back (with the rear dead coil cut.) Was able to bring the alignment back into spec without C/C plates.

If I was buying springs today I'd either go with the "C's" or H&R's.

do you know what your camber is set at by any chance?

millatime said:
do you know what your camber is set at by any chance?

how harsh is the ride of the "C" compared to the "B"? i was think of getting the "C" from mustangtuning.com while they are on sale......is the "C" ride harsher than the stock ride??????

Any lowering spring will be harsher than stock...but that can be taken care of by shocks/struts specifically made for stiffer spring rates-like the mach 1's

The c springs with stock shocks/struts isn't that bad. You do feel the bumps more but its not as bad as some people make it out to be.

millatime said:
Any lowering spring will be harsher than stock...but that can be taken care of by shocks/struts specifically made for stiffer spring rates-like the mach 1's

The c springs with stock shocks/struts isn't that bad. You do feel the bumps more but its not as bad as some people make it out to be.

thank for the infor millatime........do you or anyone else know where i can get mach 1 shocks? and what do you all think about monroe sensa-tracks?