Why are non-pushrod modular motors so noisy?

I have thought about it, but if it's a bearing i'd put my money on it being a main and not a rod, because it has withstood alot of abuse and a bad rod would have let go long ago.

It never gets louder, been the same pitch since I bought it almost 40k ago...:shrug:

BTW, Laser... I thought about you today man...;)

Seriously though, this clean Mark VIII rolled by and it had the same wheels your does. I thought, hmmm... Lazer is probaly cruising around in his Mark right now...:rock:
I actually was when you typed that :rlaugh:

I hate my Marks wheels though :notnice: That and they sit in too far. Then again if the were farther out they would chip the hell out of the paint.

Where did my beer go?........

• Sponsors (?)

Well even though you didn't quite get what I was talking about,you tried.Just thought I'd ask. I've always had a trained set of ears.I'll hear things other people wont know wtf I'm talking about unless i hit the head on the nail and I point it out to them.Shrug

Since many of you were so kind to offer your help,maybe you could hotrod on over to the 5.0 tech forum and see if you can take a shot at a real problem I'm having for a year.I'd be greatful if you figured it out.It's the "Help" thread about Eibach Pro dampers & upper strut tower mount.

my 32v sounds like a sewing machine. its that noisy. i dont know why, but it runs great.

LOL!! thats exactly what mine sounds like... It sounds like someone is in my engine bay sewing a Bill Cosby sweater, but it runs D@Mn hard so thats all that matters. I learned to live with it. The longtubes & aftermarket K member made it even worse since LT's make the noise echo through each primary & the factory K member blocked the side of the motor a masked the noise more than the open air tubular K....

These modular motors are louder than pushrod motors though, & DOHC motors are louder than SOHC motors too imo....

LOL!! thats exactly what mine sounds like... It sounds like someone is in my engine bay sewing a Bill Cosby sweater, but it runs D@Mn hard so thats all that matters. I learned to live with it. The longtubes & aftermarket K member made it even worse since LT's make the noise echo through each primary & the factory K member blocked the side of the motor a masked the noise more than the open air tubular K....

These modular motors are louder than pushrod motors though, & DOHC motors are louder than SOHC motors too imo....

one of my mechanic friends listened to it (not the one who put it together) and said the lash adjusters (maybe it was lifters) were possibly bad or dirty and it was bad, but i have gotten several more opinions and it seems to be normal. so i just live with it knowing that i have a bad ass high(er) compression 5.0 DOHC with forged internals.

Lash adjusters are lifters. They are only $8 each and the tool is $150 to change them without removing the head or cam.