Why are these Sportlines not very low??

EPIK

Jul 3, 2004
LEFT COAST
My buddy has an 02 GT & I recently helped him order the parts to upgrade his suspension... I picked him up some Eibach Sportlines, Tokico Blues, & Maximum Motorsports c/c plates. I wasnt there for the install, but 1 of our certified mechanic buddies helped him put everything in, so I know it was done right. The ride quality is great, but for some reason the car sits higher than any other stang Ive seen with sportlines. It actually looks like its lowered with a pro kit in front, & has the appearance that the rear is lower, but I saw the springs for myself & they were red with "sportline" printed on them. He also reused the factory iso's too, so I know its not the iso's making it sit higher & he has driven over 1,000 miles since the install which was over a month ago, so I cant see it settling much more. Whats the problem.....

Heres some pics........ yes I know his GT is rough, but he pretty much got this car for free & it only has 65k on the odometer....

7acdb208.jpg

a73e431e.jpg

Attachments

• 7acdb208.jpg
    7acdb208.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 38
  • a73e431e.jpg
    a73e431e.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 34
  • Sponsors (?)

I never personally looked, but like I said, our friend whom helped with the install is a professional mechanic, & hes already lowered a couple of Mustangs. Not to mention that u would have to be a complete idiot to put the front springs in wrong because its very clear how they would sit in the spring pocket. I was thinking what if Eibach made a defective set, like maybe they're Pro kit springs, but accidentally got painted red like a sportline?? I know its a stupid theory, but I cant think of anything else????

If the springs are brand new, they have to settle. When I put my pro kit on, it still look stock, but after a few weeks dropped down, you have the pro kit look right now, give it a week or two and things will settle down.

On another note, everyone always talks about how stiff sportlines are, and IMO, they ride ALOT better than my H&R supersports on my 95. I dont know if its the difference between the Bilsteins on my car & the tokico blues on his car, or if its the springs themselves, but his car rides alot more comfortable than my 95.

the funny thing is, I used to knock sportlines all the time, but IMO they feel like they make a much better daily driver spring than the H&R's... The downside is the eibach's feel like they dont handle as good.

If the springs are brand new, they have to settle. When I put my pro kit on, it still look stock, but after a few weeks dropped down, you have the pro kit look right now, give it a week or two and things will settle down.

yep....mine looked very close to that when i first lowered it.... Then after 10 days they settled and it dropped a little more..... then after about 2 months, just the rear lowered another full inch, after the advertised 1.8" drop (or something) drop. I ended up pullin out the rears because it was almost undrivable.Then took out both top and bottom isolators on the front springs to get it to sit presentable.

make sure they're seated correctly, and if they are, just give it some time and see what they settle to.