Why do I have different size injectors??

So....upon learning that pink and orange injectors have different flow ratings, i went outside and checked what was in my engine. Apparently, I have 6 orange injectors and 2 pink injectors installed :scratch:

i also have different COPs, some motorcraft and some...something else lol what happens if i have different size injectors?? should i be panicked and purchase two more 19lb injectors?? i have some pics of what i'm talking about.

These two pics show the same injectors (Pink ones), the two closest to the driver's seat:

0621082126a.jpg

0621082125.jpg

These are pics of the other, orange injectors:

0621082126.jpg

0621082126b.jpg

0621082126c.jpg

So, in summary:

Passenger Seat Driver Seat

#1-Orange #5-Pink

#2-Orange #6-Pink

#3-Orange #7-Orange

#4-Orange #8-Orange

I know that the previous plastic intake burst because there is a nice burnt hole in the hood lining that still spews out coolant every time i wet it. Plus i got a new aluminum crossover intake, in a 99GT. So i'm guessing thats why some COPs are different. But why the different injectors??

any help would be appreciated :SNSign:

EDIT: Sorry for the crappy cell phones pics lol

• Sponsors (?)

someone replaced the injectors with the wrong ones. i'd change them if i were you. you are currently running rich on the two pink injector cylinders.

i've got some laying around in my garage. PM me if you want to work out a deal.

there is a possibility that those could be the right size injectors. they are just a diff color...i would check to see if you have a CEL light and if you don't then dont bother with it quite yet... if you have 2 oversized injectors the drivers bank would see it as running rich and lean that bank out...your problem then would be with the potential of cyl #7 and #8 running too lean. I would pull the plugs out of cyl 7 and 8 and check to see if they are running lean or not...

It would really cause 7 and 8 to run lean too, since the o2 sensor for that bank would lean out all 4 injectors. Add that 7 and 8 are the ones with the most heat and most likely to detonate, I would immediately swap the higher flow injectors to 7&8. Then buy a matched set and install when you have time/money.

thanks for all the replies :SNSign:

ok, so the best thing to do would be to remove the pinks and get a couple of oranges to match, right?

is it fairly easy to install some injectors?? i imagine i would have to relieve fuel pressure, remove the rail, and make sure i dont mess up the O-rings.

DBMSTNG: I already PM'd you :D

EDIT: I do not have any CEL now, but often i do get random CELs, that when coded come back as a fuel leak of some sort. Not to mention that the engine area often smells like gas :shrug: i'm willing to bet that it's related lol

There has been disagreement on what size the pink ones are. Some say 22#, other say they are the same as the orange ones are are 19#. I've heard both from credible people with ties to Ford...but unsure what to beleive

Although there is alot of debate on what the pink ones are, they are definitely not the same rating as the orange ones. Everywhere i've searched for replacements, even oem sources, have described the pink ones as being 21lb and orange/yellow 19lb :shrug:

SaleenGT2001: Thanks man, i just bought a couple off someone else :p