Why does my car sit like a retard??

xpeteyjtx

Dec 29, 2005
Taunton, MA
Before picture...
(stock, no work done at all)

After picture...

http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=6/16508335882.jpg&s=f5

This is the story - I get my Eibach Pro-Kit and KYB shocks/struts and start installing them in my garage. I get the drivers corner done but at this point, my parents are angry because I have used up too much space and time in the garage, so the car has to go to the shop. The shop installs the remaining three corners and aligns the car. The car comes home and it looks like the "After Picture"
Why oh why is the car in a nose dive????? When I installed the spring, I placed it in between the two holes on the perch and I am sure the shop did it the same way. What is going on here? When I received the springs, I call Eibach to confirm they were the right ones using the numbers on the springs. Anyone have any ideas as to what is going on? Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

Springs went in between the two little holes and I used Energy Suspension Spring Isolators. See, the thing is, I did the Front driver's side and the shop did the other three sides. The front passenger's side turned out the same way as the front driver's side. I doubt that I messed up and the shop messed up in the same way.

Maybe my car weighs too much? It is 100% stock with a strut tower brace.

Just to clear stuff up, the "before picture" is with the stock suspension. I just put it in there for comparison. There was no work done in that picture.

The front struts are KYB GR-2s. Could it be the struts? Too weak? Let's say that these struts are ****ty, could they cause this problem? Everything put on was brand new by the way.

I also used urethane upper strut mounts. These are the bushings right below the top strut bolts (you can see them if you open the hood). I am just throwing this stuff out there.

xpeteyjtx said:
The front struts are KYB GR-2s. Could it be the struts? Too weak? Let's say that these struts are ****ty, could they cause this problem? Everything put on was brand new by the way.

I also used urethane upper strut mounts. These are the bushings right below the top strut bolts (you can see them if you open the hood). I am just throwing this stuff out there.

Struts dont determine ride height. They are there just to cushion bounce. What is the drop on the springs? Did you take a measurement of before and after of the drop you got?

Edit:
I justy looked on Eibachs site and a pro kit shuld give you a 1"-1.5" drop. The second picture is a bit hard to see how much you actually got but it doesn't look like anything is abnormal to me. I actually like how low it is.

lol

No, I did not take measurements before and after, but it does look like it dropped about an inch (now that I think about it, looking at before and after pics). But I must say, it handles great and feels better on bumps on the street than the stock suspension. Obviously, the big bumps are not our friends lol. Here are more pictures, sorry I haven't washed her yet, it has been raining a lot.

It looks like the rear didn't go down as much, maybe it will sag a little with time (these were just put on yesterday)

xpeteyjtx said:
lol

No, I did not take measurements before and after, but it does look like it dropped about an inch (now that I think about it, looking at before and after pics). But I must say, it handles great and feels better on bumps on the street than the stock suspension. Obviously, the big bumps are not our friends lol. Here are more pictures, sorry I haven't washed her yet, it has been raining a lot.

It looks like the rear didn't go down as much, maybe it will sag a little with time (these were just put on yesterday)

I put on BBK progressive rate springs on my cobra and it rides and sits great. I like the way your stang looks. Nothing better than new parts on a mustang!

Thanks a lot JS94cobra. I wasn't all that happy with the look, but I think it might grow on me, especially when I was her up.

The guy at the shop got the car aligned without the need for CC plates. He said that it would be a two hour alignment... I don't know what he did, but he said that he got everything "balls on" lol. So I guess CC plates are not always needed with a fairly conservative drop.

I think it looks good.

If you're concerned about the front being lower than the back, give it a little time, the back springs may settle a bit.

You could also possibly lower the back a bit more by replacing the rear polyurethane spring isolators with rubber ones. I have heard of people removing the isolaters completely, but I wouldn't recomend that.

My last lowered mustang sat a little lower in front than in back.

Jeff

personally i would rather have the aggressive stance (front higher than the back) even though the link isn't working, i think it would look rediculous if the front was higher than the rear. However that is just me.

88Stang331 said:
personally i would rather have the aggressive stance (front higher than the back) even though the link isn't working, i think it would look rediculous if the front was higher than the rear. However that is just me.
I like that rake! Add some drag welds to the back and skinnies to the front. Why do you like the front higher than the back? I think it looks like you have 300 lbs of concrete in the trunk. :shrug:

new46stang said:
I put FMS C-Springs on my 91 hatch and I have a similar stance. I think your car looks good. Just my 2 cents. :nice:

i put the same springs in and when i first saw it i was like holy crap its low... it grows on you and then it looks normal...

i don't think you don't have any problems just you droped it about 2inchs so its going to look really low! you just arnt use to it...