Why does my Engine bog so bad?

• Sponsors (?)

That sounds normal to me. I ussually get ~4.5s 0-30mph, but I have a cam and a big exhaust which hurts low end.
I have picked up quite a bit of power over stock, and I beleive most of it is from the exhaust system. The rest is from the cam, and a tiny bit from the intake and extra compression.
At first, I had the long tube going into a 2" pipe and 2" ultra flo muffler and 2" crushbent tailpipe, but when I switched to a full 2.5" exhaust, I picked up some noticible power, especially as it gets reved up.
Talking about this really makes me want to port the head, and go for 10.5:1 compression. The head is my ONLY restriction now that I have a big exhaust, cam, intake, and plenty of fuel soon as I get the 255 pump in. Should make for some big gains. :D But then I remember, I still have an automatic, with the worst gearing in the world. Not steep enough in 1st, to steep in OD. :nonono:

Hopefully next week I am going to cut both cats off and replace the stock muffler w/ a Thrush Turbo muffler. I called summit and they have the 2.3L Ranger header for $150 (S&H and tax incl in total). I think I might get one in the next month or so. Do you have any ideas about taking the EGR valve off and capping the intake? How did you do yours?

You may want to change your A4LD filter. I did this yesterday for the first time since I've owned the car ( 93' LX 2.3L / 4 yrs ) and it has improved it a LOT. I have done a few small mods which has also helped me out like deleted the pre-cat and replaced the rest of the exhaust. I use some cheap turbo muffler/ high flow cat which the stock 2" ID pipe. Then I built a CAI that along with everything else really helps me on the top end but didn't hurt my bottom end to much either.

As for this Ranger header, does anyone know if a 2.5L ranger header will work on a 93' 2.3L DP?

Lex said:
My EGR was plugged off before I got the car. Does it improve anything or is it better its off?

Well, removing the EGR will stop dumping that sooty crap into your intake manifold, and it'll allow you to run an engine with fewer parts that can break (the EGR valve). I recently cleaned out my upper intake for my turbo engine, and the liquid that dumped out after soaking looked like root beer. It's definitely a good thing to take off.

BUMP!

I'm still having bogging issues, when I first take off. Like I tramp on the pedal (even in idle) and it drop quick to 750 RPMS then picks up, then finally about 2500 RPMS it's fine. Any suggestions. Some people are saying fuel pump.

Lex said:
BUMP!

I'm still having bogging issues, when I first take off. Like I tramp on the pedal (even in idle) and it drop quick to 750 RPMS then picks up, then finally about 2500 RPMS it's fine. Any suggestions. Some people are saying fuel pump.

If your car is boging the way I think it is than no one really knows why. Does it act like Vapor lock on a carbed car? That has been going on with tons of 2.3Ls on here for a year atleast and I don't think anyone knows whats up :bang: I've seen people reaplce everything but the motor and still not found out why it does this. I my self has changed my trans filter but crap the T-5 cars does it also. A good tune up didn't help me either :(