Why doesn't ford come out with a Boss mustang?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just thinking how nice it would be if ford came out with a boss mustang with a 5.4 n/a motor. It would be nice for the rest of us that want to have a motor of GT500 without the supercharger and not the price tag. Maybe around $35000 to $40000?

• Sponsors (?)

Well Ford has been saying that for years. I remember when they said that they where going to have a ford mustang with a 5.0 modular motor from the factory. That never happened.

2011 you'll see one. dual overhead cam, 5.0. theres quite a few articles on it. think its called like codename coyote or something like that.

i see a boss coming this new body style. i don't see a bullitt in the new one. i could be wrong, but i just don't think they'll make one. i see a boss variant, or maybe mach 1 variant. i wanna see a cobra jet, but now with the cobra jet drag car, i dont see them making a streetable cobra jet.

i think around 35k would be a great price if it was just the gt500 motor naturally aspirated,but i would rather see some BIG cube motors back in the stang. get a naturally aspirated 428, with optional IRS. call it vette killer. then add a blower option labeled as ZR1 in rear view mirror mod.

The hottest rumor is that the 5.0 modular engine will be an option in the 2011. Knowing Ford, it will be an overpriced Boss or Mach 1 model though. A $36,000 sticker will = dealers charging at least $40,000. Dale Jarret Ford in NC has a couple of '09 GT500's for 49,500, so with some bargaining,...:shrug:

You guys realize the Economy sucks and most car companies like Ford are having tough times due to the economy.

I don't expect to see any of these cars you claim for sometime, Most people aren't buying muscle cars its a small %. hold on to your stangs could be a dying breed.:nonono:

You guys realize the Economy sucks and most car companies like Ford are having tough times due to the economy.

I don't expect to see any of these cars you claim for sometime, Most people aren't buying muscle cars its a small %. hold on to your stangs could be a dying breed.:nonono:

i agree somewhat. but fords gotta be doing something right having the money to release a drag car only. and theres a waiting line. so i think they are doing a okay. haha.

Recent news in this regards:

From a Detroit area message board:

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Hey all,

I was in a meeting today with my plant manager and he inform'd us that as of
april we will start making the engine bearing for the new boss and 5.0L motors
i almost jumped out of my seat when he announce'd it !!!!

This is awesome news!!

Thought my fellow stang bangers would like to know

DOn
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Ford’s 5.0L coyote V8 spied!

I have to agree with nastystang I have been hearing about 5.0 modular in mustang for years. Besides who cares if they do. It will be a 4.6 block just bored out or stroked nothing a performance shop can't do. I want the GT500 motor n/a! That simple.

2011 you'll see one. dual overhead cam, 5.0. theres quite a few articles on it. think its called like codename coyote or something like that.

i see a boss coming this new body style. i don't see a bullitt in the new one. i could be wrong, but i just don't think they'll make one. i see a boss variant, or maybe mach 1 variant. i wanna see a cobra jet, but now with the cobra jet drag car, i dont see them making a streetable cobra jet.

i think around 35k would be a great price if it was just the gt500 motor naturally aspirated,but i would rather see some BIG cube motors back in the stang. get a naturally aspirated 428, with optional IRS. call it vette killer. then add a blower option labeled as ZR1 in rear view mirror mod.

Yes, you will definitely be seeing one indeed. As a matter of fact, I just posted a new thread in the 2010 Mustang forums " Ford's 400HP 5.0 (Coyote) V8 spied ! "

Well you just got your wish. Take a look at the " Ford's 400HP 5.0 (coyote) spied thread. " I've just posted it, in the 2010 Forums !

klaw just posted that link in THIS thread ... My response is still, I'll believe it when I see it. I've been seeing pictures of the 5.0L being developed for 5 years at least. It's still not out and I doubt it'll be out in 2011. :shrug:

rumor has it, 2011 may have your wish.
maybe even a 5.4 stroked to 6.2

A 6.2L V8 with the current bore size on the these motors (3.55") would need a stroke of over 4 3/4", which is insanely long. If ford want's to turn the mod motor into a big cube motor they're going to need to rework the thing from scratch on a larger bore size. The current max for these motors using a siamese bore layout is about 3 3/4", and it needs to be more like 4"+. Either that or start shoehorning V-10s in there, which is fine by me.
Dan

The 6.2 is a 2 valve making its debut in the SVT Raptor, it is for use in the Super Duty trucks only so far. I do not think it is at all based on the current 5.4L. It makes about 400 hp and 400 tq in the truck tune.

They did release a 5.0 DOHC... It's the FR500 so I guess Ford Didn't lie..... now if they could just add the emission stuff that's a whole different story.

Walter, the DOHC 5.0 you're referring to that's in the FR500...is the 5.0 Cammer which is nothing more than a bored out 4.6 block with forged internals and FRPP racing heads/intake.

The 400HP 5.0 (Coyote) on the other hand, is a completely new designed engine from the ground up, including new block, intake, 4V heads and new engine management system.

With that said, this new 5.0 DOHC (Coyote) doesn't share anything in common with the 5.0 Cammer....that's in the FR500 race cars !

Status
Not open for further replies.