Wierd Problem????

rabidscoobie

10 Year Member
Jun 21, 2007
College Station,TX
ok i got a stranfe prob and just cant figure this out.I have 2001 Stang GT.On my a/c all settings work almost the way they should.

1.its blows cold air on the settings it should.

2.when i set it to normal a/c controls air comes through both side vents but i dont think its as hard as it used to be,but in the middle vents the air blows hard through the left 1 but hardly at all from the right and i am talking about the 2 vents in the middle of the dash.

3.Now when i set it to max ac you can hear the blower kick on hard like it should but there is barely any air coming through any of the vents,but the air that does come through is very cold like it should be doing.

I have checked the vacume hoses behind the control panel and do not see or hear any noticable leaks.I can reach my hand inside the vent duct and feel the vent opening and closeing as it should.So I have no idea as to what and check or what the problem is,any ideas at all,please.

Thx, Mark.

• Sponsors (?)

The reason I asked was trying to make sure it wasn't the evaporator freezing up.
I would pull my blower motor first and look for something restricting air flow,maybe tissue or leaves, then make sure the squirrel cage isn't broken or loose on the motor.

I will check that out but that dosent really make sense to me.because all other ac settings work the right way,its just max ac setting that does the really low air blowing through,but I will take out the blower and inspect.Also the area I live in dosent have many trees so we hardly see any leaves,most abuse my car ever sees is all the bird crap,go figure no trees but tons of crap...lol.thx again for the info and still open to any other suggestions.

The difference between max ac and regular ac is just the outside blend door is closed in max ac postion so you are just recirculating the air inside the car and with regular ac blend door opens to draw in outside air thru the right side cowl panel.

you have a door that is not closing all the way in your heater box. If it was not so late and witha few questions we may be able to figure out what door is sticking but either way you will need a heater box to fix it.

Nope,it had a new heater box put in less than 2 years...thx to a drunk driver hitting my parked car.I found the problem to be a damned plastic bag of all things stuck in the venting behind the blower where the door is for outside air,I'll never know how that happened,i keep my car very clean since i bought it in 02.Works perfectly now!LoL.I really appreciate all the help to get this solved.