Wierdest Idle Issue Ever!!!!

I've searched the threads but have had no luck. My car is all stock with an e cam. it idles just fine with my mass air meter unplugged and it even drives, its slow and runs lean and heats up quickly but is driveable. if the car is idling and i plug in the mass air it immediately putters and dies.

so far i have cleaned the throttle body and egr and valve and mass air meter to the point where you could eat off of them. i have checked the pcv valve and all my vaccum lines. i have a new idle air, tps and o2 sensors. basically an all new ignition system from plugs to coil. everyone i know is completely stumped. we have put on 4 different mass air meters including ones of of perfectly running cars. nothing seems to work.

engine computer maybe?

any help would be appreciated. its been sitting on my driveway since ive gotten it because i havent been able to fix the problem. ive been spending spare time doing body work and interior and stereo work. but its time for the car to drive. thanks guys

• Sponsors (?)

i unplugged my battery all last night so that the computer would reset. i had to unplug the mass air so it would idle when i started it today so it could have codes pop up. the i did the koeoff and the koeon tests and i pulled two different egr valve codes and a tps voltage to low to read code and also the mass air meter unplugged code. i also got some valve body code. and the shift solenoid 1 malfunction code. i had to have the meter unplugged so it could idle.

it idles even with the tps and the valve codes with the meter unplugged. i am changing my egr to the one off my old car and resetting my tps tomorrow. anyone have any ideas? thanks guys.

anyone know where the shift solenoid is and how to replace that too?

i know i have alot of questions but i really need the help thanks guys.

you need a DVOM and some values for the mass air to figure this out. Start by using a good MAF. Even KOEO the maf should have some values. With KOEO the mass air should be at 0 gps 0v DC and 4-8 gps at idle (.6-.8v DC). Make sure these values are at thier respected pins on the ECM. Make sure there is continuity in all the wires from harness end to pin. Could be a short in the harness for the mass air causing bad values to get to the computer. With it unplugged its getting no values and stays in limp home mode. But if its plugged in and getting bad values it could stun the computer causing it to die.

Post the exact codes. Some of the EGR codes point to wiring faults that can major mess up the way the car runs. The TPS too low is also a pointer in that direction.

Once you have posted the codes, I can tell if it is a wiring problem and give you some ponters th help get it fixed.