Will a 70mm throtle body work best with C&l Intake or 75mm?

aj1025

Jul 4, 2003
Tyler Texas
I currently have the C&L upper intake on my car with the stock 65mm throttle body. Everywhere in my local area which is close to dallas, no one has a 75mm throttle body in stock, they're all on back order, so I would like to know will the 70mm body give me a big difference? I've read that i should really go with the 75mm with the c&l but i am in the mood now to go out tommorow and get the 70mm body. Does anyone out there have the c&l upper intake with a 70mm throttle body mounted up to it, and if you do how are the results over the factory 65mm body?

• Sponsors (?)

scalder said:
aj1025, I am running with the 75mm TB and love the results...I know C&L says to go with the 75, and while it may be overkill on an NA car the results don't lie....
Yeah i thought you would say that,what's a pain is that no one has the 75mm, they're pretty much all on backorder.

The 75mm TB is the way to go on your car all of the C&L products have always been tested with 75mm TB. It is not overkill for a N/A car. If you went with a 70mm it would not be a big difference from the 75mm. Where are you purchasing your products and what brands? they should not be on backorder they are the most popular mod for 4.6L engines

AROD357 said:
The 75mm TB is the way to go on your car all of the C&L products have always been tested with 75mm TB. It is not overkill for a N/A car. If you went with a 70mm it would not be a big difference from the 75mm. Where are you purchasing your products and what brands? they should not be on backorder they are the most popular mod for 4.6L engines
i received mine right away about 3 weeks ago directly from accufab-took about 1 week

Not to beat a dead horse but some out there still confused over wich TB...here is the dyno graph comparisons John was mentioning....numbers don't lie...and C&L had nothing to gain as to which one was best so they are totally objective
TBCompareTQ2.jpg

TBCompareTest2.jpg

CottonBurnerz said:
What about MAF? would 80mm be too much for N/A with 75mm TB and C&L plenum?

The stock is 80mm...The 85mm MAF would help tremendously..no overkill especially on n/a car...the combo of all 3 (maf, tb, and plenum) will really make you giggle like a schoolgirl when you drop the hammer..trust me..I used to run 13.1's with just a $1000 in bolt ons and tires

wms004 said:
What makes up a MAF. Its it possible to just buy the 85mm part without getting the filter etc., cuz i already have a k&n in the stock airbox.

i have the K & N FIPK and when i get my MAF i'll just save the filter and shield that comes with it..maybe e-bay it or something?

CottonBurnerz said:
What about MAF? would 80mm be too much for N/A with 75mm TB and C&L plenum?

As you can see in the sig, I'm running C&L from the big MAF to the upper and with a 75 mm TB I couldn't be happier. I know that there is a lot more left in the tank than the 13.5 I clipped off...heck that was my first time at the track...ever. Be like Mike and just do it...you won't regret it!

scalder said:
As you can see in the sig, I'm running C&L from the big MAF to the upper and with a 75 mm TB I couldn't be happier. I know that there is a lot more left in the tank than the 13.5 I clipped off...heck that was my first time at the track...ever. Be like Mike and just do it...you won't regret it!
Just to let you guys know I bought a BBK 75mm TB from Texas Mustang parts about a month ago and it performs alot better now. I guess this thread just keeps popping up but it's not me who's doing it, but i couldn't be happier with my new TB. :D