Will adjustable clutch cable/quadrant make Throwout Bearing whistling stop!?

downsouthman1

Dec 16, 2003
Texas
My SPEC 2's Throwout Bearing's already whistling & I just wanted facts & opinions as to whether or not I can get it to stop simply by hooking up an adjustable cable/quadrant. Thanks. The new clutch has been there < 1000 miles. :bang:

• Sponsors (?)

It may or may not but I would say try it because you really should have an adjustable cable and aftermarket quadrant in there anyway. The factory stuff may allow constant pressure on the bearing but it is hard to tell just get an adjustable set up and see.

The reason I ask is cuz if I press the pedal just a little the sound goes away. W/ an adjustable cable I outta be able to set the cable just tight enough not to hear the sound. My big ? then would be is the Throwout Bearing still under extreme pressure but I just can't hear the sound?

It's on order. I hope to hear when it's been shipped tomorrow. I'm gonna try to have it hear by Saturday. As of right now I've selected 2 day air by Partshopper but I may have it overnighted. We might have a winter storm come in sometime between Friday & Saturday & I don't wanna take the Mustang out in it to get it to my parents' garage so I may just have it come via UPS ground depending on the storm's severity.

What actually allowed me to adjust my cable (which is still stock by the way) and eliminate the throwout bearing chirp was the firewall adjuster. I used the aluminum quadrant that has three places to hook the cable. I can't remember where from, but both the firewall adjuster and quadrant were from the same place. They're common items though, I just got that one as they had a sale.

It's a squeaky kind of sound that only occurs when the clutch isn't engaged @ all. In most cases you'll find that it ceases as soon as you tap the clutch. My stock clutch did it & now my SPEC 2 clutch is doing it as well. But I heard running an aftermarket clutch w/ stock cable/quadrant isn't the greatest of ideas but to try it 1st. So I'm gonna do the whole thing now.