will JB weld withstand the heat of intake manifold?

gabe3586

Aug 22, 2005
One of the main vacuum line stems broke of of the upper intake manifold this afternoon. I can get the metal tube to seat in there good, but I cant weld it. Would JB weld or epoxy melt from the heat if I seal around the tube?

• Sponsors (?)

I've heard of people having good results with jb weld but haven't tried it myself. I've heard that the biggest thing is to give it plenty of time to set up before you introduce it to heat. I think at least 24 hours. Well let us know if you try it and how it works. Good luck:nice:

I repaired a cracked oil pan and a cylinder head off my bike with the stuff, been a few years now no problems at all. I agree with 2001stang, wait at least 24 hrs or if its warm where you are 12 hrs should be fine

You should have no trouble with it at all. Just let it set up like everyone said for at least 24 hours before heating it up. I've repaired a crack in my oil pan with it and many other things. I even used it on the thermostat housing on an old beater Ranger I had when one of the bolts broke off in the intake manifold. I didnt' have the time to fix it right so I just JB welded the whole damn housing on to the intake manifold so it would stop leaking. Worked wonderful for 4+ years. Luckily I gave it to a cousin and it was totalled before it ever needed another t-stat. :)

One of the main vacuum line stems broke of of the upper intake manifold this afternoon. I can get the metal tube to seat in there good, but I cant weld it. Would JB weld or epoxy melt from the heat if I seal around the tube?

I used JB Weld eight or nine years ago on my Spyder upper intake. It had three vacuum ports and I only needed two. It even polished up.
G

i used jb weld to patch a hole my old crappy exhaust system had melted into a plastic fuel line joint (yeah, very safe!). Ive since trashed the old exhaust and replaced it with better stuff that fits better, but that jb weld got me out of a cinch when i really needed my car. its the oh **** glue.

i also currently ahve it on a brass fitting for the mechanical water temp gauge on my truck, which screws directly into the head. yes it will stick to brass!