Windshield Wiper Problems

bdazzgt

I had to jerk off the cable to get it to stop.
Dec 27, 2005
Springfield MO
My windshield wiper delay doesnt work it would only work on high it kept drawing a lot of current. The volt gauge would fluctuate alot with my 130G alt, so i know current isnt a problem. Anyways i got to looking and the only thing i could find was a box under the dash that was shoved between the clutch pedal and bracket everytime i shifted it would smash it. Well i unplugged the box and the current draw is gone and it works fine on high, i would like to get another of these and replace the one i had. O rilleys and autozone didnt have an idea what it was or the part number. What is the name of this part and does anyone have a part number where i could get it cheap? Thanks-James

• Sponsors (?)

A bad interval governor would cause the wipers to operate on the high setting only, but it shouldn't be located close enough to the clutch pedal to get damaged unless maybe the mounting ears broke and it is dangling down there. The mounting ears often crack. The governor is an olive colored box with two mounting ears and a snout where the connector goes.

If you have access to a junkyard you can pull one off of other models. Tempo and Topaz are two that come to mind.

wipergovsw2038ut4.th.jpg

Attachments

• wipergovsw2038ut4.th.jpg
    wipergovsw2038ut4.th.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 80