Winter Steel Rims

cathane

Sep 15, 2005
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone could tell me what size steel rims they are using and what offset? It's only been in the last week that I've actually found rims that companies claim will fit the 05 Mustang. I checked my local Ford dealer and they don't have anything. Right now, Tirerack is selling a 16x7 steel rim, but don't mention the offset. 1010tires is selling a 16x6.5 with a 41mm offset they say fits the 05 Mustang. The reason I'm asking is that a local shop is trying to sell me a 16x6.5 with a 37mm offset... I tried it on the front and back of the vehicle, and it clears the calipers, but I'm worried that with the bulge of the 215/65/16 tire that it might rub on the front strut under certain situations (maybe I'm being overly paranoid but there doesn't seem to be much room). The other thing that is making me paranoid is this rim they are selling is a generic rim for a 2001 Dodge Intrepid, and I figure if this worked with no problems, then tirerack would have been selling it... Any thoughts? Thanks.

Cathane

• Sponsors (?)

I saw 16x7 take off wheels on ebay for $50 each. I'd buy those and put snow tires on them for the winter. You know they'll fit with no problems. Use stock size tire and you will be totally fine in all respects.

Thanks for the response, but I picked up the Rims from the local distributor, and they work fine, tried them on both the back and front. In case anyone is wondering, 2001 Intrepid universal rims fit the 05 Mustang as steel rims for the winter. They are 16x6.5, 5-114 bolt pattern with a 41offset. Later.

Cathane