winter

• Sponsors (?)

i had to the first year i had the car but never got caught out in over 1/2" of snow. I got lucky but i hated doing it. I did have 200 pounds of stereo equipment in the trunk. Last year i took it off the road after the 1st snowflake started to fall. As stated before, beaters are awesome.

i drove mine with the 18's on, but I used to own a ranger which was also horrible in the snow so I had some experience. I would really really suggest not driving it. Most people i know with stangs that drive them in teh winter total them, or get into accidents.

It can be done. Talk with Ernie, slow5.0, on here, i know he was driving his stang in the WORST of winter with tons and tons of snow for a few years. I believe he just bought a beater though.

I drove mine for.....1 winter i believe. HATED IT. I refuse to try it again. Got stuck too many times, although my tires didnt help. Im not sure how well "snow" tires would have done.

But you gotta do what you gotta do, so if u have to drive it, throw some sand bags in the trunk...a lot, get some snow tires and take it really really really easy.

Did it for 2 years, bought an F150 this year... actually looking forward to winter! I've actually taken the mustang to a ski mountain with snow tires, ridiculous. You get a lot of looks though. It really sucks to drive in the snow (sucks enoug in the rain!). I would even consider it a safety issue.

adam

haha last winter was my first and last time driving my stang in the snow. It snowed while we were at school, about 8 inches. In the parking lot, I was ok went real easy on the gas. But once I made a right turn onto the main road, I guess I gave it a little too much, did a 180 and ended up facing against the traffic. Good thing their light was red.

Well .... fortunately, we only have a hand full of snow/ice days here each year. A little higher in the mountains it is worse, though. I am now selling the last of my Ranger's .... & she has the Focus ..... so I will have to deal with it this year.

The only thing I'm worried about is other drivers. We get snow here every year, but people still seem to freak out on the road ..... slamming brakes .... screaming down the road ... just driving like the idiots they are. I'll be fine as long as they stay clear of me.