Wiring EFI harness to battery and alt Q?s

I'm gathering parts for a mass air EFI swap to my 289 (stock cam if possible) & T5, to perform late spring or early summer. I just purchased a 91 mustang upper and lower intake complete w/ fuel rails w/ the mustang stock injectors & a 1989 - 1993 mustang 5 0 mass air A9L computer & harness.

I still need to get a stock throttle body, mass air sensor, distributor (will swap gears), coil, injector harness, o2 sensors (o2 harness?) and fuel lines and pump setup ect.

My new questions are can I keep running my stock 289 alternator? Is there any special wiring issues with the stock alternator? Will some one educate me on wiring the harness to the battery? I have read I need to relocate the battery or run lengthened wires. I have also read something about relays?

Only mods I plan are headers till I get comfortable w/ EFI

Any links greatly appreciated, I have been reading on http://fordfuelinjection.com/

I’m also looking for CHEAP stock parts for this swap if you have them. I thank all of you for all your help and I will return the favor to other EFI nebies in the future.

• Sponsors (?)

I am currently stalled on my own EFI project. Have the parts I need, now I just need the time. I can fire it up as soon as I plumb the fuel system. :) I modifed a 95 GT harness for my car.

Anyway, you cannot use the stock distributor. You need a distributor from a late model 5.0L car. <93 is best because the TFI module is mounted directly to the housing. 94-95 will work but it has a remote TFI module so if you are buying used parts be sure you get that as well.

As far as wiring to the car all you should need is +12V Constant, +12V Run/Start, and - Ground

www.fordfuelinjection should have all the parts and info you need. Download the mustang harness manual from them as well. It is a good source of info for modifyinig and hooking up your own harness.

The engine is a 93 Tbird long block, GT-40 lower, Exploder upper and tbody, homemade intake tube, summit long tube headers, and 3G alternator.

I'm not sure I remember what stock looked like :)

Oh, and yes I did weed out unused wires..