Wish me luck on tranny repairs!

five_o_stang

Jan 8, 2004
Georgia
It's been a LOOONG time since I've been here at Stangnet....probably like 4 or 5 years or something. Anyway....it's the day before school starts (tuesday) and i'm out cruising around running some errands....and over my stereo I hear/feel this AWFUL grinding, pulsating, THING in my car. So I pull over into a dentist office and attempt to back it into the parking space so when I get the tow it's an easy fix. Well, it jumps and jolts and pops its way backwards and I"m thinking..oh crap...the whole motor is gone. Then I come to my senses and realize it's probably just the rear-end heading south. So I take it to a local mechanic (i'm new in this town) and he says, "Boy, yer transmission is shot all to pieces) Thats when I got mad. This blasted transmission as blown up on me TWICE in the last three years (about 70K miles)...so anyway, here I am, freaking out, can't sleep cuz I"m all worked up about this probably and debating on going ahead and getting that t-5 swap I was planning on. Well, so far I haven't had much luck finding anyone who'll do it. And I sure can't. Plus I need it done for under $2500 TOTAL...which is pushing it if I go w/ a brand new Ford unit (most likely). So anyway, I need all the help I can get :shrug: . If any of ya'll have any advice on the whole ordeal on getting a tranny swap send it my way. I don't plan on getting rid of this car as I plan to keep it forever. I've slowly started the body mods and as soon as I ACTUALLY pay back my parents for it and the motor finally lets go, then I'll just be rebuilding the motor. Plus its black w/ original black interior and I just love the whole thing to death...probably the cleanest 150K 5.0 out there. Meticulous maintenance, the works.

Feel free to share your thoughts, comments, or advice. Nothing better than fellow stangers to get ya through rough times. Preciate it.

E

• Sponsors (?)