Worth letting my 88 LX go for a 88 T-top GT?

jrp27540

Sep 9, 2016
I currently have a 88 LX and am considering letting it go so I can pick up a 88 T-top. I have always wanted a T-top but haven't had the opportunity...

So here are my thoughts.

I have a lot of body work left on my LX as it has been hit in the past and had a poor repair job. They just straightened out the radiator support and beat out the inner finder skirts... It also needs the window cowl steel replaced as the previous owner forgot to pin down the cowl hood... Nothing I can't do on my own... But it's a lot of work to invest in. At some point in it's life, bit received a 85 5.0 power plant with flat top pistons, so I can't install my Gt40p heads on it. It does have the GT40 upper and lower intake,e303 cam and all the other trimmings you would expect. I also went through the entire suspension and put lowering springs and adjustable rear control arms. Other than that it is in great shape and supper clean with no rust and paint in great shape.

The 88 T-top body is straight and has not been hit(now that I know what to look for). The paint is ruff, but a good foundation. Interior is all there but needs the usual TLC. The motor is correct and stock along with the rest of the mechanics and suspension. There is some rust on the driver side door along the I could either go the stock route or swap all the goodies off the LX and go mild.

Thoughts/opinions?

Just looking for some advice.

Thanks in advance!!

• Sponsors (?)

T top car would be worth more in the end. But it would also depend on how far you modify it. Basically if you want one get it. How often does the opportunity come along.

How far is to far? I'm tired of the high maintenance of dealing with the modifications on the LX and the impact to it's drivability to the point I would enjoy keeping the motor stock and enjoy it for the nostalgia... However I would like to make some modifications to the suspension such as lowering springs...

Just don't cut and weld stuff on except sfcs and keep anything original that you take off. Like smog equipment, air box, I even have the air silencer from my car, that stuff will be hard to find soon enough.

Reactions: 1 user
Just don't cut and weld stuff on except sfcs and keep anything original that you take off. Like smog equipment, air box, I even have the air silencer from my car, that stuff will be hard to find soon enough.

Good to know... My LX has a MAS conversation on it with the correct ECU. I was considering moving that over to the T-top and putting the T-top speed density over to the LX. If I did that I wouldn't be able to keep those parts.

Maybe I will just keep both and keep the 88 T-top stock for long term investment and keep the LX for play :). I don't have to sell it...but was doing it more to appease the wife lol....

Reactions: 1 user