WOT questions

AZNEAL311

Sep 1, 2006
Phoenix
When ever i go WOT my car falls on its face, doesnt matter what gear or rpm. If i want a decent launch i have to find a sweet spot in the throttle(a little more than 3/4). Anymore and she falls on her ass. Just replaced stock injectors with 24# with calibrated MAF, new holly 190lph fuel pump. Filter was replace about 5000miles ago. Have new aluminium rails with adjustable reg but i ordered the wrong braided steel hose from Summit. Anyway what are some things to check that would cause the WOT bogg. TPS,cracked or twisted throttle cable, vaccum leak, ect... Only thing i could come up with is the connection to the back of the heads that comes off the exhaust, one is missing the little gasket and i cant get a good seal. Every time i turn the car off i can hear it hiss as it loses pressure if i have the hood up. But i also just bypassed the Smog, more of a road side emergency. Powersteering pump siezed and snapped my belt. So I just got a shorter one to bypass the powersteering and smog.

• Sponsors (?)

Ok I cleaned my airfilter,MAF ,replaced o2 sensors, checked the gap on the plugs. New ICM,MSD 6AL removed. Will stock ignition and a Blaster2 coil work with eachother? If I roll into the throttle slowly it will go great till theres only a little more pedal left maybe an inch give or take then it just falls on its face. If I stomp on it and make sure i stop about an inch or so from the floor it is fine but once i pass that spot it falls. I can hold it right there at high RPM/speed and it goes great. It is just the last inch or so of the pedal that kills it. TPS reads 1 at idle and smoothly rises to 4.75 at wot. I have had the problem for a little while now and cant figure it out. I am to the point where im just going to zip tie a block to the bottom of the pedal to keep it from bottoming out(not really). Sorry if i am kind of all over the place with this post.

I miss placed my code reader, in the middle of moving. And last time i tried with a multimeter i fried the comp some how. Dont ask me how i did all i know is i wont do that again. Cost me 200$ for a new one. So i cant even get codes.

my car does the same thing right now. pulls GREAT at partial throttle, but as soon as i mash it, it jumps for a split second like it wants to take off, then falls flat on its face. i just re-adjusted my roller rockers the other day, bought a new pro flow mass air sensor too. when i get my transmission back in a few days, i'm gonna take my car to get it tuned. from what i've been told by a few people, what i've done should help to correct my problem, especially after the tune. have you ever gotten your car tuned? that'll probably help some. whats your fuel pressure and a/f at?