Wrecked the Stang

hope everything turns out ok, dont worry to much about it being totaled unless its really bad. I had $4,500 in damage to mine from an accident and the talk of it being totaled never came into consideration. Just a word of advise if you get this car back or buy another one make sure you put some money on the side for a winter beater, Stangs + winter driving is not a good combination. Thats why Mines sleeping down in the garage until April while Im driving a 89 4X4 Nissan for the winter.

• Sponsors (?)

I can understand the car was "handed" down to you from your father.

The love wont go away so easily for it.

Im glad your ok!

I drove my Cobra a couple weeks ago when we got a little snow, and I almost crashed 10 times on my way home(and this is going 5mph mind you).. so I can understand that it was very difficult to maintain.

Gluck!

And keep us posted! Along with pictures.

I have a drivers door if needed for cheap... and a front bumper(yellow, but scuffed).

I am in NYC btw.

Pete

blksn955.o said:
If the air bags go off they total it out most of the time, so I would not get my hopes up with the getting if fixed, unless you can buy it back and fix it yourself.

Air bags deploy when it senses damage over 5mph, no?

P.S.
If you don't have a digi camera then go get one of those throw away digi cameras that kodiak made or someone made it..

viperos said:
yeah... I'm really curious about the damage at low speeds...

-about the bags, yes, they can go off at barely any speed... as long as the sensor is hit, it doesn't matter... it's that little black box looking thing in front of the radiator if your hood is open... that's the whole sensor right there...

Wow, I was driving home the other night and me and 10 other cars going down the highway cruisin at about 80 in the middle lane. We all pegged this tire(you know the semi's that their retreads come off) Well I pegged it hardcore and f'd up my bumper even more. Good thing insurance is covering it because someone already hit me 2 weeks ago. :) Im glad the airbags didn't come off because I hit it freaking hard.

17yearoldstanger. How much is this gonna put you in the hole. Is the car completely totaled. If not, when the parts are replaced you can sub different pars in if you want. Body shop guys are whores and want the work. Can I say new hood and bumper

I had a little front end collision and it was over 15mph and the bags did not deply, The reson I posted that is I know a lot of people in the repair/parts/tools line of work and they all have said that 9 out of 10 times an adjuster see's a air bag he will total it since the cost of air bags is so high.

Let me contribute to the airbag conversation. My aforementioned crash that happened two years ago could have been really bad but it wasn't. Going aroung a series of cruves on the twisty road on campus I didn't make one and hit the curb almost square going about 50-60, it shattered both my front rims but because of this the car kinda skipped and I think it lessend the force of the impact a little bit. My airbags DID NOT deploy and I managed to fix my car for $800, sort of a miracle. Needless to say I don't drive like that anymore.

BTW- I have a pics of my shattered rims (tribars) somewhere. I'll see if I can find them. my drivers side looked like a donut (didn't have a middle), and my passenger side was in about 5 pieces.

I hate my life

It's totally official. I was at my girlfriend's house before work and I recieved a phone call on my cell phone. I heard "it's a total loss." I just stared into space. My girlfriend was upset because I was. I talked to the father about the Saleen and it seems like a no-go. But I found a 94 Canary Yellow GT with 77k on it. It has a random sunroof. Curious as to how it looks. He wants $7700 for it bc it has 3.73s, Flowmasters, lowered an inch, alarm, and tint. I dont know who he is trying to kid. Oh, he is getting talked down. say about $6500. My mechanic is good friends with the family and he is gonna let me borrow his truck tomorrow to put some parts on the car and then tow the car to his lot where he cleared out a space for me. When I get the new stang, ill be switching parts over left and right. The rear end on that bastard alone is worth $700. I hate insurance companies. They are gonna give me about $2000. Maybe ill jump out from behind the wall and clock the insurance guy in the head. That should give me at least another $1000. hahaha. Man, i hate my life. Ill be getting pics as soon as i go to see the bastard.

I'm normally in the 5.0 tech forums, but I occasionally browse this forum, as I plan on getting a SN95 for my next mustang. I just read this whole thread, and wanted to say that I'm sorry to hear about this. I don't know what insurance companies are thinking. It seems that they take no consideraton to the time and money that people put into their cars. :nonono: I'm glad you and your friend are recovering, and that you are able to buy another stang.:nice: