WTF stock radio stuck in??????????

RsStanG1987

I shaved all my pubes playing this game.
10 Year Member
Mar 13, 2004
Dupont PA
I am trying to get the stock radio with equalizer out of my car and the damn thing is stuck in. I bought the removal tools but the radio pulls out only so far and gets hung up on something. This sucks i thought it was the wires but the little i can reach back there the wires are still loose... ANy ideas? i need this out asap.

• Sponsors (?)

When i had my old 2.3 stang, we fought it and i got really pissed so i just said **** it and ripped the mother ****er out..... my dad got mad, he doesnt like to force things out of place you know...

I have installed several head units in Mustangs and other fords....your problem isn't your wires getting stuck...there are metal tabs that hold the unit in place and they tend to bend when you insert those removal tools. The only way I have ever gotten one out is to forcefully pull it straight out...it will mess up the tabs on the unit, but the dash/wires will be fine. Good luck!

if its disconnected, and just getting stuck on something like mine did a few days ago when i did the swap, several screwdrivers helped, as well as removing the storage try benethe it, that way you can actuallay push the hu from behind

srothfuss said:
The BMFH comes in handy when your building shiney new cars in Detroit.

Seriously, if it's stuck take it to an audio shop. The can probably help you get it out and won't charge you anything.

**** that, rip that sumbitch out. I had the same problem when I was installing my radio, stock one did not want to come out. Gave up and broke the stock one to $hit, new one went right in after that.

I would hit it with a hammer and use skrew drivers but i dont wanna f-up the consel. That and there is no storage tray just an equalizer. im gonna go back out and try in a little bit. Ill keep posted.

Try getting one side to come out then force the opposite side to go. Worked a few times for me. Does sound like there is some sort of metal tab holding that sucker in still. Get a flash light and see if you can see if there is a tab and if so use a screw driver to bend it down. If not try pulling harder and if that doesnt work try pulling from left side to right side and try to wiggle it out. good luck

srothfuss said:
The BMFH comes in handy when your building shiney new cars in Detroit.

Seriously, if it's stuck take it to an audio shop. The can probably help you get it out and won't charge you anything.

Do you work on the Assy lines in Detroit?

I was there last summer before the Mustang line started up. I walked through the Mustang/M6 factory.

You guys earn twice every penny of what Ford pays you.

As someone who spent 6yrs building Boeing 777s, I feel your pain.

vristang said:
Do you work on the Assy lines in Detroit?

I was there last summer before the Mustang line started up. I walked through the Mustang/M6 factory.

You guys earn twice every penny of what Ford pays you.

As someone who spent 6yrs building Boeing 777s, I feel your pain.

I'm an engineer for a automotive supplier. I get to see all kinds of things that the OEM's do to their cars when they are building them on the line. It's loads of fun until they take the BMFH and hit your parts with it when they don't fit.

My aunt works on the Mustang line. You don't want to hear those stories.

My uncle just retired from Boeing 2 years (?) ago. He's retired to a house that over looks the naval base in Washington.

i would just force it out, there is a metal bracket from the factory behine the radio ( its screwed to the console), it will prevent and twist or bending from the console.

Or just break the bezel up around it so that comes off and turn the radio a bit and it should come out.

I dont think this radio fighting you is uncommon, it fought me and alot of people.

umm im pretty sure i read all the posts correct, i dont think anyone suggested taking the center counsole out, theres a couple screws by the armrest and once you get that off you'll see the rest just pull the whole console out and they you will be able to get to the back of the HU easially. just my .02