X-pipe gains .3 off of 1/4

ZaC851 said:
Sorry buddy, you didnt gain 5mph from a simple midpipe upgrade, It aint happening. Go to the track. Then report back to us.

I think it may be possible depending on the car, and it's mods. Mine was stock mid-pipes, just the magnaflows, then I installed the bbk x pipe and headers, I dunno, regardless what the Gtech said, as I know from experience they can be off on the MPH often, my car certainly gained more than I ever thought from the pipe...it's just weird no way to explain. At 4k rpm it wants to break the tires loose in second....it's like...out of no where I get a boost of power. I dunno, I need to get all of my other **** installed and then get a tune, and then go from there. Right now it's basically stock it doesnt really matter, I was just really suprised at what an O/R X-pipe did to my car.

• Sponsors (?)

svttech76 said:
the G-tech is pretty accurate if you use your brain when using it..

1. do not time going up hills or downhills no matter how slight.. This will throw the readings off..

2. no times anywhere are going to be the same, small differences in weather will swing the times one way or another.

I have used the newest model of the G-tech and I find it to be a great tool for practice at the track.. the only thing that is slightly off is the MPH becuase on the G-tech it's the MPH at the end of the 1/4 where at the track it's average MPH thru the trap.
That's what I was going to say. Unless of course, by sheer coincidence, my G-tech Comp and the two local tracks here are all off by the exact same amount :D
I still have my old original G-tech as well but it's not as accurate as the new one but it's still not too bad, using it at the track and comparing it to the actual times, it ranges from .05~.2 + or - seconds and is generally 2-3 mph high.

When I do my tests I do them at the same spot so I know I getting semi accurate times. So I dont do a test on one road then install something and do it on another road. Also I dropped .2 just by running on a cooler day with less humidity(sp?) so those two thing could make a huge difference.

04YELLOWGT said:
When I do my tests I do them at the same spot so I know I getting semi accurate times. So I dont do a test on one road then install something and do it on another road. Also I dropped .2 just by running on a cooler day with less humidity(sp?) so those two thing could make a huge difference.

Yip, temp and humidity will make a big difference!