00 GT with electrical problems

BLOWN00GT

Aug 16, 2006
I am having problems with my 2000 GT. The #3 and #5 plugs are not firing. So i did as anyone would do and moved the coil packs around. It is still the same cylinders even with different coil packs. Is there anything that could be unhooked or screwed up...

what it isnt
-The plugs are brand new and have no(0) miles on them. I even swapped the new ones with some old ones. Still its not that easy, it still misses out of #3 and #5.

Here is what is done to the car. Not that most of this has anything to do with it. Vortec supercharger and 100 shot of nitrous. That combo equals no good to the bearings and I had to pull the motor. I installed a forged stroker kit with all the bottom end fixins'. So even though i didnt know anything about motors before this I learned fast as i needed too, since no one in my town knows anything about the modular motor. I also put on Mac long tube headers, Mac prochamber and Mac 2.5" catback exhaust. Also installed an aluminum flywheel.

After the 14 month rebuild i started the car up and it ran like a rapped ape up a tree. Although it burned more oil than an '85 Mack. So then i tore it back down to do the valve seals. Well I fixed the oil problem(doesn't smoke anymore). But then there was what seemed to be an exhaust leak. After further inspection I noticed those 2 plugs were not firing.

What seems strange is that anytime you would normally unplug a coil pack the motor would idle like crap. Which is expected. But with these two plugs not firing the motor does not idle bad. it even drives down the road but without the power. I am not sure if it idles "descent" because the plugs are on opposite sides or what is going on. The Check Engine light is also on and blinks after a few minutes of running. So obviously the car knows that something is wrong. So does one of those little computer things you can buy at sears. it said #3 and #5 are missing. which was no surprise to me. I wish i could just get this car going down the track again...

So is there anyone with the same problem or anyone with a solution?

Let me know! thanks

incase anyone cares...

13.007@116 mph with a 2.2 second 60' time.(Street tires made for wear not for track) this was before the rebuild and exhaust. just the blower and 100 shot upon entry of 2nd gear!

• Sponsors (?)