Roush 02 saleen blower on my 03gt

slutstang

Dec 16, 2005
my friend who actually posts on here got a KB kit for his saleen and im gonna buy his supercharger off him with all the goodies. i know this is alot to ask, but can somebody tell me EVERY part im going to need? i.e. injectors, MAF, fuel pump, heat exchanger, etc...

has anyone here done such a swap? id REALLY like to be in touch with someone who has done this in case i have any weird specific questions...

thank you

• Sponsors (?)

I have done this with my 2000 GT. It's an excellent swap and well worth the money. Ok here goes, Unless yours is a Mach I version with the
3V Motor it should be the same. If you get ALL of the Saleen stuff it's an easy swap (relatively) Just make sure you get the full kit and your good to go. Off the top of my head mind you, here goes:

Blower unit and intake (of course)
Plumbing (hoses etc)
Belt
Injectors w/ fuel rails
Intercooler
Intercooler pump and hoses
Intercooler tank
Intercooler fans
Guages
Instructions: http://www.fallscitymustangclub.com/How_to/Supercharger.htm

You also need to buy:
New Intake Manifold gasket set
Guage pod, Pillar is cool or Saleen dash top style
New colder spark plugs.
A reflash of the Computer (Send it to Saleen or go custom tune, SCT)

Recommended:
High Volume SVT Focus Fuel Pump
Gear Change to 3:55 or 3:73, I went 3:73 with an Auto trans. Go 3:55's If you have a Manual Trans.

Good Luck, PS. You do not need a new MAF:nice:

Mstng2 said:
I have done this with my 2000 GT. It's an excellent swap and well worth the money. Ok here goes, Unless yours is a Mach I version with the
3V Motor it should be the same. If you get ALL of the Saleen stuff it's an easy swap (relatively) Just make sure you get the full kit and your good to go. Off the top of my head mind you, here goes:

Blower unit and intake (of course)
Plumbing (hoses etc)
Belt
Injectors w/ fuel rails
Intercooler
Intercooler pump and hoses
Intercooler tank
Intercooler fans
Guages
Instructions: http://www.fallscitymustangclub.com/How_to/Supercharger.htm

You also need to buy:
New Intake Manifold gasket set
Guage pod, Pillar is cool or Saleen dash top style
New colder spark plugs.
A reflash of the Computer (Send it to Saleen or go custom tune, SCT)

Recommended:
High Volume SVT Focus Fuel Pump
Gear Change to 3:55 or 3:73, I went 3:73 with an Auto trans. Go 3:55's If you have a Manual Trans.

Good Luck, PS. You do not need a new MAF:nice:

wow, thank you. i already have 4.10s and i really dont plan on taking them out. when the car is raced it will have a taller tire so it shouldnt be tooo bad.

what plugs do u recommend? also the car its coming out of has an SCT chip that the kid said i could have. should i take that and have it reburned for my car or is it pointless? i also have a diablo predator... would it be best to have the SCT chip burned for MY car, then sell the predator?

did u get any #'s from your car? how did you like it? what pulley were you running?

4.10's hmmmm... do you have the Auto or Manual? After the charger install the car revs so fast you'll find 4.10's almost unusable 1st gear is gone in like 1 second (seriously) Even with my 3:73's It rev's to fast for the trans to handle it in 1st. I had to make adjustments to fix this problem.

I dont know about the predator, never used it. I know on my car a flash of teh ecm was required, not a "chip". I used a Saleen flash but the car pinged, so I went SCT Custome tune.

I run the Chicanne 66mm pulley (see sig line)

Best time at my local track (4000 ft alt) on street tires, (major spin) was 13.5 @ 105 mph (I would expect 12.9 or so with tires and sea level)

Plugs: search the forum a bit. A plug thread had the exact plug # but I dont recall it right now.

Do I like it!??? ---> :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) OH YEA!!!

Mstng2 said:
4.10's hmmmm... do you have the Auto or Manual? After the charger install the car revs so fast you'll find 4.10's almost unusable 1st gear is gone in like 1 second (seriously) Even with my 3:73's It rev's to fast for the trans to handle it in 1st. I had to make adjustments to fix this problem.

I dont know about the predator, never used it. I know on my car a flash of teh ecm was required, not a "chip". I used a Saleen flash but the car pinged, so I went SCT Custome tune.

I run the Chicanne 66mm pulley (see sig line)

Best time at my local track (4000 ft alt) on street tires, (major spin) was 13.5 @ 105 mph (I would expect 12.9 or so with tires and sea level)

Plugs: search the forum a bit. A plug thread had the exact plug # but I dont recall it right now.

Do I like it!??? ---> :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) OH YEA!!!

yea i have a 5spd... i agree id rather have 3.55's or so with a blower but i already have the 4.10s and im not about to go do my rear end over, not yet anyway. my car has run 13.8 @ 102 so id hope to gain more than .3 from this mod... but i believe my track is at sea level so that should change things a bit.

129saleen said:
4:10s will only help you on drag tires...I have 3:73s with everything your about to get and I ran 12.1s-12.2s spinning so if you have 410s then your gonna spin een more...
How much is he selling it for?
how the crap did u get 354 rwhp!?!?!?! :hail2:

ive never heard of anyone gettin that with an m90

wsbrigham said:
For plugs most use the NGK TR 6's for forced induction systems. I use them and they're awesome. JMS CHip Performance and a host of other performance companies will recommend the same plug.
TR6's huh? thats the same plug i ran in my 97gt that had n2o... cool.

back to the chip thing...

will the SCT chip in his car be compatible with my ecu? like, can i take his chip, put it in my car and have it burned to my specs? cuz he got a new chip with the KB kit...

hey does anyone know if the stock EGR tube on my GT will work with this blower?

the saleen instruction manual mentions swapping egr tubes but thats the first i ever heard of it...