02 sensor ?

• Sponsors (?)

banks98stang, I'm pretty sure the 2 wire sensors are for the rear o2 sensors. They just detect if the catalytic converters are present and functioning. The 4 wire sensors are the front o2 sensors. You can't mix them because the car won't run correctly. Check with your local Ford dealership parts dept to be sure.

O2 sensors for 5.0 pushrod Mustangs have 3 wires. One wire is ground, the other is O2 sensor output and the third is O2 sensor heater power. Do no use any sensors and expect them to work correctly.

Okay, time to stop the ?????.

If you don't think the part image or description is correct.
1) Go to Rockauto, see what they have for you car.
2) Go to Advanced Auto, see what they have for you car.
3) Go to NAPA, see what they have for you car.

Or, DO NOT EVER BUY ANY REPLACEMENT PART OVER THE NET!

Also, what year car and engine are you talking about? Sorry, the 68 Mustang didn't have any O2 sensors, so forget the whole thing.

IMHO, I suggest you go to your local parts store. Buying replacement parts over the net is not a good idea for newbies.
BTW, from your forum name, it seems like you didn't even pick the right forum to ask a question. Another reason I strongly suggest that you buy only from local parts stores.

Hey, other people can treat you with kids gloves. BFD. All that does is more it more likely that you'll make a mistake, screw yourself, and not learn.