03/04 Cobra fuel tank

spederman

Apr 13, 2005
I am having my vortech S trim/paxton intercooler installed on my 2002 Saleen right now. The shop found me a 03 cobra tank and pumps from somebody that went to a fuel cell setup. Call me paranoid, but is there anyway to tell that it is a real 03/04 cobra tank short of pulling it back off the car and pulling the pumps and looking inside to see if it is a baffled tank? I'm paying a nice chunk of change for it and want to make sure its legit.

• Sponsors (?)

Only the 03/04 Cobras came with the twin pumps. The Mach's and GT's are the same single pump tanks. I have had my tank dropped on both my old GT, and on my Cobra, and there is really no way to tell besides pulling the tophat off the tank and seeing if there is the twin pumps in there. Do you trust the shop thats doing the work?

Yeah, i figured the only way to tell would be to pull the tank and see if it has twin pumps. Just wanted to make sure.

I do trust the shop doing the swap, but it was just my paranoid side that was wondering if there were any other way to tell. :rolleyes: