03 cobra or supercharged GT?

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Sponsors (?)

Ok, I figured up how much money I have in my car. Including the cost of the car, and all of my mods I have $24,000 in it. I am making a lot of power simillar to some of the cobras out there with my little 2v. I like being the underdog in a race, and then just blowing their doors off. I wouldn't change a thing. I still love my GT.

i wish you'd put a mod list in your sig :rolleyes:

dood, id say get the Cobra and be hardass in that snake no matter what!

however.............i am 17 and do not appreciate the finer subtleties of not having a car and/or insurance payment. Yeah the Cobra is sweet and flashy, and youre an instant gangsta once you roll around in it, but imo building and customizing a GT to cobra levels is something of much more pride. To be a GT and smoke people at the track is much more hardcore than to be a Cobra and smoke the same. :shrug: just my 2 cents.

I think the verdict is to stick with the GT....I would and I am (recently bit by the mod bug...badly)....The way i see it is yeah, you would have a cobra but, in the long run your GT will slowly come back to haunt you....seriously

379 feels so weak to me now that i'm used to it...i'm itching for more power...after i got the sc installed i said that was it with modding my car but now i'm so used to the power that i want more

379 feels so weak to me now that i'm used to it...i'm itching for more power...after i got the sc installed i said that was it with modding my car but now i'm so used to the power that i want more

Same here. I feel that my car is pretty slow and want to do something more. Personally I would stick with the GT on strictly a financial decision, but in reality I would want to get the Cobra. I keep thinking of the list I would require if I was to get some serious power out of the car:

I/C
injectors, fuel pump, etc
tranny (mine is currently on the fritz even at this low power level)
built rear
built motor

When I look at that list and see the money it would take to get the car where I want it, the Cobra starts getting closer than you might think money-wise (and I'm referring to my case).

i say keep the GT unless you got the cash to throw down to play with the really big boys.. for myself i wouldnt get into a 03 koolbra unless my car got totaled. if anything i would swap into a turbo 4V... alot of people dont realize the power that the 2V can make.. its just not as easyly as a 4v can make, but you already have the 2.. you are pretty much going in the hole money wise to get the 4V to get close to the same goal..

its all about money really..

Honestly....if the 2V motors came with forged internals to handle over 500+hp it be a different story but wer are kinda limited to the 400 mark (but not because it wont produce more, but because it's not strong enough), just alittle over what a stock cobra gives. This is why the 2V GT's are overlooked. Unfortunately to make HIGH numbers in a GT you have to build the bottom end up, but after you do that 500+whp is totally doable.

On another note, I'm not sure of your setup of exactly but couldn't you swap pulleys and get your boost around 12psi. That should see about 400whp, I know it's not exactly building a monster but it might give you alittle extra fun for the mean time.

I'm a new member but, I have a 2004 Mustang GT that I through a KB roots style 2.1L on and it made great power. I am located in Colorado Springs, CO. I eventually put the 14psi pulley on it and ended up making 407RWHP and 512Ftlbs of torque at a little over 6000 ft elevation.

I have a friend that is building an 03 Mustang GT that will be making up to and including 650RWHP. I am leaning in the same direction as him but a little different twist. All in all though I would stay with the two valve GT and make it into a beastly SOB. The reason for that is because with those mods, on the street, I'm sure you have herd of the new corvette Z06. I ate those little street queens for lunch.

With that being said stick with your GT bud.

i jump back and forth between going with a cobra too or even a new 5.0 or gt500 but the way i look at it is if i went with a new 5.0 or gt500 i would be going the other way in terms of speed. yea they are both better platforms to start a new build but a down payment would be just as much as a new motor for my GT and i still wouldnt have monthly payments on my GT its wiser to stick with my GT.

and besides with a new payment every month i would not have money to build the new car so i would be slower than i am now. and a build on your GT will destroy COBRAS. i would say stick with the GT

Status
Not open for further replies.