03 h pipe on a fox

billison

I like tinted tail
15 Year Member
Feb 27, 2006
stl
I was reading on another site about being able to put a 03 h pipe on a fox after changing to a sn95 style trans mount. Anyone ever done/seen this?

I know you'd have to do some cuting welding of the bolt on points for the headers, but once you got it bolted it would it work right with a fox car? I'm not sure but don't the newer cars not have air pumps, would that work? any ideas thoughts? thanks

• Sponsors (?)

the other flange is a machined flange that needs a gasket to seal. other than that is has totally the wrong bends to work on the fox body. i have both in the attic. the 03 is way different.

Ok I'm just tring to find out more info on it, a guy on foureyedpride said he did it and has'nt came back to the thread to tell us more so i thought i'd ask around. Troygt03 IS there any way i could get you to take a pic of each one side by side for educational reasons? thanks

What are the advantages? Correct me if I'm wrong put I'm pretty sure those things have 4 cats and 2 resonators in them. Why wouldn't you just stick with the right stuff for the right car. Theres nothing worse in my book then a hacked up exhaust.

What are the advantages? Correct me if I'm wrong put I'm pretty sure those things have 4 cats and 2 resonators in them. Why wouldn't you just stick with the right stuff for the right car. Theres nothing worse in my book then a hacked up exhaust.

Thats the 96-98 pipe.

The 99-04 pipe is 2.25" diamter and has 4 cats on it.

Maybe he has a aftermarket off-road or high-flow H-pipe off an '03 he wants to use :shrug:

Personally unless you got this hpipe for dirt cheap, I cant see a single good reason to try and use it. Get the correct hpipe for you car. Theres so much fox exhaust I cant see why anyone would go through the work of fabricating or "making" anything work.

Well like said in the first post i just heard about it and was tring to see if anyone had done it....thanks for the info. If the guy ever comes back and tells us more i'll post what he says..

i bought a bassani x pipe for 50 bucks and it was off of a 99-04. the 2 header pipes came off though. i did use it and it fits fine after i had a shop custom ben some new head pipes and different 3 bolt flanges.