03' Mach 1?

TrickFlowd

May 17, 2003
Sayre, PA
my buddy just bought an 03' yellow Mach 1...

he wants to do something with exhaust...its already kinda loud now with stock...but he wants an x-pipe to liven it up alittle...

what does everyone recommend...can he go off-road x-pipe...i heard it will throw a check engine light...any way around this?

thanks guys!

• Sponsors (?)

Um if it's yellow it isn't a 03 or it isn't a mach as they didn't make yellow till 04.... But anyway, I have the SLP X-pipe with cats because I wanted the modular pipe so I could run longtubes later on.

Many mach owners run catless with mil's but sometimes even with mil's it will throw a code...

MAC[H]Z said:
Um if it's yellow it isn't a 03 or it isn't a mach as they didn't make yellow till 04.... But anyway, I have the SLP X-pipe with cats because I wanted the modular pipe so I could run longtubes later on.

Many mach owners run catless with mil's but sometimes even with mil's it will throw a code...

They made Zinc Yellow for a 03 Mach.. 04 Mach is Screamin Yellow..

As far as you're friend wanting to liven up the Mach's exhaust.. I'd highly recommend that Bassini or Magnaflow catted X-pipe.. You shouldn't run into any Check Engine lights with either or those midpipes...

MachOut said:
They made Zinc Yellow for a 03 Mach.. 04 Mach is Screamin Yellow..

As far as you're friend wanting to liven up the Mach's exhaust.. I'd highly recommend that Bassini or Magnaflow catted X-pipe.. You shouldn't run into any Check Engine lights with either or those midpipes...

I didn't know that about the yellow so thanks for the info...

But I know there have been a bunch of posts about the light with bassani pipes because of the cheap cats they use..But I think he is talking catless anyway so it would depend on the mil's

I bought my SLP X at lmperformance....

MAC[H]Z said:
I didn't know that about the yellow so thanks for the info...

But I know there have been a bunch of posts about the light with bassani pipes because of the cheap cats they use..But I think he is talking catless anyway so it would depend on the mil's

I bought my SLP X at lmperformance....

Really? I thought Bassini used some good cats.. Pricey midpipe! I'm probably going with Magnaflows.. BTW, Comp Orange.. Super sweet color. Sometimes I wish I would have waited til the 04's and got the Orange..

MachOut said:
Really? I thought Bassini used some good cats.. Pricey midpipe! I'm probably going with Magnaflows.. BTW, Comp Orange.. Super sweet color. Sometimes I wish I would have waited til the 04's and got the Orange..

Yeah I was going to buy the bassani but after all the complaints on the cats I changed my mind....

Thanks....I never would have thought about buying an orange car untill I saw this one....

well he ended up ordering Flowmaster AT catback with BBK off road X...we are guessin its gonna be insane loud...which he's looking for...also got the MIL harness.

how should this be for power and sound? gonna loose tourque...mostly low end prolly? he doesn't care how loud its gonna be....basically cares about Tone...how is this gonna sound?

Well I can tell you from my experience, yeah, it's gonna be loud, real loud! I'm running a Magnaflow o/r x-pipe through the stock catback, and my neighbors hate my guts! On the dyno, this one change increased rwhp by 10hp and rwtq by 12.5tq, so don't believe that old wives tale about losing torque. It took over 1,000 miles, but my "service engine soon" light finally came on. I just installed the plug-in MIL eliminators from Dallas Mustang, and they seem to be doing the job.

Mach1_dyno2.jpg

Attachments

• Mach1_dyno2.jpg
    Mach1_dyno2.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 45
INmemoryJBC8102 said:
how did u get rid of the air snorkle and MAF screen?

also...is the drop in filter the only way to go? or does someone make an cold air intake setup?

The rubber snorkle is the part that sticks through the fenderwell, looks like an anteater snout. It just pulls off of the stock airbox, or you can cut it back flush with the fender like some people do. The MAF screen has to be cut, and to be honest, if I had it to do over, I wouldn't do that particular mod. It didn't really make any difference, and it leaves you more vulnerable to possible problems with the MAF. As for a CAI, that's what the shaker does!

just fyi....until recently, bassani's cats were purchased from magna flow...bassani is now making their own 'in-house' brand of cats... i guess to many complaints about the cat-convertors...I bought my x-pipe nearly two years ago...my MIL didn't get set off until 3 months later... i installed ( had them installed rather ) the MIL elimanators...haven't had any problems since...bottom line.... you will eventually have to install the MIL elimanators...also, give bassani a try...