04 vert issues..looking for little help.

DMAN302

My mom says thanks for the pearl necklace.
Nov 8, 2003
windsor, Canada
Hey guys got a question for ya..wifes 04Gt vert has an issue with the top making a rattle/banging noise over ruff bumps/pot holes/tracks. The noise is in the area where the top latches to the windshield area. The noise has been there since day one and I have tightened the latches (by that I mean hooks) all the way down to the minumum amount. The noise has dimished since tightening the latches, but when the roads get ruff..the thump will return, I don't know if this is standard cowl shake rattle or another issue. I have checked SEVERAL times for any play in the top and there is none to be found and there is no leaking or windnoise of any kind..general driving there is no problem untill things get ruff. Is this normal for verts, as I don't spend much time in the car with the top up, and since it's winter..top is always up. Car has had weld in tubular subframe connectors installed from second day I owned it. No other rattles or shakes to report at all..car is great other than this issue.

• Sponsors (?)

Well, i was going to suggest subframes, but i see you already have those. If its under warranty i would take it to ford and see what they can do with it. My car doesnt do that at the latches at all, but of course it has its squeeks and rattles here and there (much less since the sub frames have been on)