05 part ID

I got my first chance to see an 05 GT today, they are scarce here. There was a device behind the drivers side headlight right in front of the airbox that looked like an electrical motor attatched to some kind of aluminum block that looked lik and ABS manifold. What is this device? That Mustang had a contract being written on it, and the salesman I was talking to was not mechanically inclined ans I could not crawl around and trace it be as it was someone elses.

• Sponsors (?)

exwifegotstang said:
I got my first chance to see an 05 GT today, they are scarce here. There was a device behind the drivers side headlight right in front of the airbox that looked like an electrical motor attatched to some kind of aluminum block that looked lik and ABS manifold. What is this device? That Mustang had a contract being written on it, and the salesman I was talking to was not mechanically inclined ans I could not crawl around and trace it be as it was someone elses.

Do you mean the one with like 6 or 8 hard lines running out of the top of it?

I assumed it was the braking system.

exwifegotstang said:
yup, that's what I am talking about, looks like an ABS junction or mamifold, if it is, it looks to be in a vunerable place in case of a frontend smack. The one I looked at had ABS, not so sure I would want ABS anyway.

It's part of the brake system. 2 lines run to the front brakes, 2 lines to the rear brakes, and 2 lines to the brake master cylinder.

Just noticed that the steering shaft is chromed, like a show car. Now that's interesting...

exwifegotstang said:
Do you have ABS and Traction Control? come to think of it, is there a maste cylinder on the firewall? If they used an electric rather than vacume booster, it could be anywhere.

All 2005 Mustangs (V6 and GT) have ABS and Traction control, standard.

Actually, I didn't look closely. The brake fluid resevoir is on the firewall, but I didn't really look for the master cylinder. And that could be in the junction at the front.

exwifegotstang said:
I don't know anything about what you were looking at but the fact that there aren't many 05 stangs by you is not good news. I'll be relocating to the Asheboro area soon and was hoping I could find one when I got there. Bummer

CANES_fan said:
I don't know anything about what you were looking at but the fact that there aren't many 05 stangs by you is not good news. I'll be relocating to the Asheboro area soon and was hoping I could find one when I got there. Bummer

Do you play and NASCAR 2003 by Papyrus online. Im a big fan of that simulation and someone on there I know goes by the name "canesfan"

CANES_fan said:

Canes fan, I just moved to Asheboro. Living o the East side of town. Nice quiet town. Do you have a stang?

Will

WMDPALMER said:
Canes fan, I just moved to Asheboro. Living o the East side of town. Nice quiet town. Do you have a stang?

Will
Not yet. I've always wanted a 67 and when I saw the 05 concept last year I knew I had to have one. Liberty Ford had a screaming yellow GT when I was down there a couple weeks ago. Don't know if it's still there but I'll check it out this week when I go down to look at houses.