1.48 60' Hell Yes!

JayC

Founding Member
Jul 11, 2000
Southern Indiana
First time out this year testing a bigger tire on the 1/8. Speedy Dyno tuned , 5-speed, stock motor, cams only, 150 shot, modular 2-valve.

Results are in!
First pass, with 26x11.5 Hoosier QTP's
5000 launch
1.61 60'
[email protected]
Second pass same everything
1.64 60'
[email protected]
Third pass, 28x11.5 Hoosier QTP's
5000 launch
1.48 60' New Best!
[email protected] New Best!
Forth pass same tires but 6000 launch
1.50 60'
[email protected]

The car really liked the bigger tire

• Sponsors (?)

great 60, just got some 28inch slicks also, cant wait to test them out, my best with 26's is 1.60s, Id be super happy with a 1.5x, last time at track with street tires was a 13.0 at 110 with a 2.2 60 haha so if I can get a 1.5 Im thinking I might be able to hit an 11, that would be awesome!!

Wow, I just noticed you are speedydyno tuned out of Owensboro! I'm not even an hour away from there and have been looking for someone to tune my car for me in the next month or two. I should have the 5.4 swap done this weekend and it's DEF going to need a tune asap.

I don't have a programmer or anything yet. You have any idea what the total cost would be for them to tune mine for me, being that I dont currently have a programmer? Thanks.

Wow! My car would never hit a 1.48...... not even if it was launched from an aircraft carrier! :rlaugh:
Congrats man, that is some great work! Such little mods too!

Thanks everyone for the good words:D

that's a mean 60ft time. What are your suspension mods?

Fox-body 4cyl springs ( from NAPA ) up front w/ Lakewood 90/10 struts
Fox-body V8 rear springs (cut)
KYB AGX adjustable rear shocks
Airbag in RR spring
No front swaybar
No rear swaybar
UPR sub-frame connectors
UPR Pro Series Lower Control Arms, solid/spherical ends
UPR Pro Series adjustable uppers, spherical ends
Jegs Poly axle bushings
Torque boxes welded
No quad shocks

Im curious as well.

I'm surprised you arent breaking something. I'd be afraid I'd detonate my T45 with a launch like that.:eek:

Picking the right clutch is the key.

Wow, I just noticed you are speedydyno tuned out of Owensboro! I'm not even an hour away from there and have been looking for someone to tune my car for me in the next month or two. I should have the 5.4 swap done this weekend and it's DEF going to need a tune asap.

I don't have a programmer or anything yet. You have any idea what the total cost would be for them to tune mine for me, being that I dont currently have a programmer? Thanks.

Yep, Greg @ Speedy's has been tuning my car for about 5 years now. He's great at getting good SAFE power. My engine has 115K on the clock and a couple of hundred 150 shot passes on it.
I can't quote you prices but call Speedy's and tell them JayC has talked to you on the Corral. Greg will take care of you:nice:

Thanks everyone for the good words:D

Yep, Greg @ Speedy's has been tuning my car for about 5 years now. He's great at getting good SAFE power. My engine has 115K on the clock and a couple of hundred 150 shot passes on it.
I can't quote you prices but call Speedy's and tell them JayC has talked to you on the Corral. Greg will take care of you:nice:

Ok, thanks. Ive got another couple weeks to get the 5.4 in and get a few bugs worked out, then I'll definately be looking at getting it tuned. Sounds like you've made up my mind as to who will be getting the honors.:nice: