1/8th mile times with Mongoose kit.

BennyBlown2v said:
Then why is it my 423rwhp car runs 12.55's on a race prepped track (ORP prepped for the MAC Tools US Nationals LOL) with 1.78 60', 112mph trap (average)? Granted I'm on stock 3.27's, and most gear I've ever run are 3.55's (running 12.5's@115mph). Fact is non-intercooled FI cars don't run as fast at comparable dyno power levels as intercooled and NA setups. When going through 4 gears the intake charge just gets hotter and hotter losing lots power - I might make 400+ on the dyno, but at the track its more like 380 after 3rd. These cars are piggies too, it's not like a fox where 400hp gets you deep into the tens.

I also have no traction in 2nd on MT et street radials...so that might have something to do with it though...lol

Im honestly not too sure. I THINK its the gears, it is too tall for the high RPM centri style S/Cs....just not getting enough pull when you shift to the next gear. :shrug: I understand your reasoning though with your statement, and if I were in your shoes I would have said the same thing. I also think your right about the heat....and it applies even more so in your case because it is SOO hot with your extra few #s of boost.

BTW my car weighed in @ 3250 at FULL weight and a FULL tank of gas....thats only 100#s more than a TWO SEATER 02-04 fiberglass Z06, and 120# more than a TWO SEATER 06 Z06 that has some crazy light aluminum (?) frame, a fiberglass/carbon fiber body and an all aluminum V8 thats MUCH lighter than our motors . IMHO thats not too bad at all. :shrug:

Only the cobras and verts are the pigs...GT coupes are pretty light. (Note I have a tubular K...but also have DD rear bullitts)

After the twins, car should weigh around 3350#s. Really about 200#s heaver than the Z06 :nice: .

Oh and yea foxed can be EASILY made to be 2800#s...but they also dont have all the comphort that we have. Id take an 11 second 04 GT over a 10 second notch anyday. Kinda like that 10 second RX7 your friend has.

I PERSONALLY would take your car over his in a heart beat. His car is a plain looking 80s style RX7 with a powerful motor....big deal. Like a 9 second civic, sure its fast but thats about it. Your car is an awsome looking mustang with attitude AND power.

• Sponsors (?)

BennyBlown2v said:
Then why is it my 423rwhp car runs 12.55's on a race prepped track (ORP prepped for the MAC Tools US Nationals LOL) with 1.78 60', 112mph trap (average)? Granted I'm on stock 3.27's, and most gear I've ever run are 3.55's (running 12.5's@115mph). Fact is non-intercooled FI cars don't run as fast at comparable dyno power levels as intercooled and NA setups. When going through 4 gears the intake charge just gets hotter and hotter losing lots power - I might make 400+ on the dyno, but at the track its more like 380 after 3rd. These cars are piggies too, it's not like a fox where 400hp gets you deep into the tens.

I also have no traction in 2nd on MT et street radials...so that might have something to do with it though...lol
All the more reason why i'll be running an intercooler with my Vortech, especially down here in this Houston heat :nice:
Is it the Paxton intercooler that can be made to work with the Vortech? And is it a direct fit or requires a bunch of fabrication. If its not a direct fit, i'd probably be better off peicing together my own kit

Now I'm really interested. I want to see what it runs, when are you going out again, soon? I'm gonna say ...ehh, as follows, 60 foot -2, 12.6-12.8-powershift possibly a 12.4 best, 60 foot 2-/+ lookin high 12's. Don't be surprised if best trap comes on a bad ET.

Lets just bet 12.76@114-16 Now I'm assuming temps less than 65. If you're lucky and you're up here in the NE you got some nice cold air coming in this weekend, very arctic air. A good bit more dense, just feels your kitchen floor with your palm at night, cold..race!

When I raced my friends saab, as it is in that one pic I posted, riding on dampers tightened all the way down( he's an idiot) on full coil over suspension (FK Silverline, same as my VR) and FK exhaust, I finally got a decent launch with the damn heavy fwd thing, and first gear was a bit back and forth, sliding down to an even redline, no hop or bad burn, second came, hooked up and then one slight bump and I get a wheel hop and the car's pulling left, no way I'm disqualifying I'm racing a brand new stock RSX-S, got out of it a little it found it's way, hammered it and it did a great job staying on line, through 3rd, considering my first ride, and stiff as hell, 18 1/2 lbs boost, trapped 106 pulled a 13.7. This car with a suitable driver and colder air is an easy 12 second car. Didn't have the LSD in, and was on stock clutch, turbo was new and IC was side mount custom, nice. Tranny is blown now, saab trannys = dont even race stock, touring only. I actually ran nearly as well with the VR, which spins through second even with a 1500 dollar LSD setup with 3:94's and a Passat TDI 5th gear. Ehh, talk to much, tired, continue tomorow. Tips advice appreciated.

Oh I've found a way to launch my stang on stock 245/45/17's with cheap tires, at 3500rpm, rpm rise and fall quick, grab and rip out of first like a bastard, hit second like an Irishman's wife and it's all butter after then. Heh, it's nice, I can save, and wait to buy P-zero-nero's, they work beautifull on the GTI, a little hop coming out of corners, like right out of the apex, but with a little rip to the right 10% and back and feel through the back tires for a moment to set her straight, she holds her line straight down. Nothing like a mustang, everexistent torquesteer, however, I think half the fun is studying a cars behavior and mastering it. It's just tire pressure and damper standards that mess me up.

:SNSign: