1 Chamber Flows?

MUSTANGJOE

Silver Stanger
Founding Member
Apr 9, 2002
Hey guys..

I'm ordering 2.5" tails for the stang, thing is I have 275/40/17 out back.will I have any fitting problems? Also I was thinking of ditching the 2 chamber and getting the 1 chamber flows!..Anyone ever heard this muffler?..does it still have that flowmaster sound or will it just be loud and final..?Thanks for the replys :D

• Sponsors (?)

Personally I wouldn't go with the 1 chambers. Three chamber sounds good, and it doesn't over power you on long trips. Not much power to be gained there.

I have 17x9 with 275s as well the clearance issue I have is with the Panhard Rod. I had to beg around a little to find a shop that was willing to put in the 2.5 exhaust. The odds of 3" are pretty slim

You shouldn't have any troubles. Good luck!

MUSTANGJOE said:
lol..you guys are funny!.

2 chambers it is :D

So I would'nt hit the tire with my 2.5" exhaust..?

Be aware that every car is different and that there will be production tolerances in the exhaust pipes that you buy. For the most part though you should be just fine.

After you get the pipes installed keep an eye on the clearances. Things will settle. My pipes actually settled into the plastic shroud over the fuel tank. Just a little scary.

ive got one chamber flows and an x pipe on my car and i think they sound great....well a lot better than the race bullets that i had on there. no more popping or sounding like a dump truck. i think the x pipe is what makes it sound like it does. it sounds more like a 4.6 than a 5.0 which kind of sucks...but it still has the low rumble of the 5.0

ive had 2 chambers, spintech pro-streets, 1 chambers, and dynomax bullets, the 1 chambers were by far the best sounding and this was on a pretty much stock engine with offroad H. Do you really want it to sound like every other mustang out there w/ 2 chambers? 1 chambers get my vote

1 chambers are rice? I'm not trying to pick a fight but some of you guys make it out like if it's not to your liking, then it's "rice".

Personally, we always just cut the back end off of our 2 chambers, since we werent running tail pipes anyway. Sounds mean as hell and i'm pretty sure it couldnt hurt in the flow department, although it *might* have been ricey :rolleyes:

I have 1 chamber flows on and they sound great. They sound similar to the single chamber borla's I had on my old 5.0, only better. Single chamber flows, dynomax bullets or any other similar muffler sound extremly loud when they are dumped. If you are running them with tails, they won't drone loud or be too raspy. Mine aren't. You will be very happy with the single chamber flows if you get 'em.

I got the stock 225/55/16 all around with 2.5" pipes. I got maybe, maybe an inch between the pipes and the tires. I want to go with 245 in the rear but I am afraind to, and I hear spacers are s**t. Unless someone knows what to do if I get spacers. :shrug:

my only experience is with a 4.6 with tail pipes and yeah it's loud, extremely loud. but it sounds like crap. His car sounds like a dump truck. the best way i can describe it is disgusting. but we all have personal preference. some like it loud, regardless of tone. it's like music, just because it's loud doesn't mean it's good...

if you get a nice cam, 2 chamb flows are sick, heres a video of mine, and ill post some pics of clearance, im not sure exactly what the shop did cause the previous owner did it, but here it is..
Video: http://nicjakgraphicz.homestead.com/files/IMAG0012.AVI

PICS: (these are 17x9, with nitto 555zr 275/40/17)
IMAG0461.jpg

IMAG0460.jpg

IMAG0459.jpg

Attachments

• IMAG0461.jpg
    IMAG0461.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 45
  • IMAG0460.jpg
    IMAG0460.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 49
  • IMAG0459.jpg
    IMAG0459.jpg