100K motor with KB

02TruBlueGt

Aug 22, 2006
So im picking up this super deal from a friend on a Kenne Bell intercooled 9psi kit. Comes with everything injectors, BAP,chip i mean everything. He blew his motor making 470rwhp wiht bolt ons and the KB. Im going to down tune and only aim for 375-380rwhp. My motor has 101k on it, but is super taken care of. Oil changed every 3-4k miles with mobil1 synthetic etc etc. I just had the plugs changed on my trip to cail, and the guys who did it overtightened and Im having in issue with them blowing out, but stripping the heads just stripping the plug. Im going to helicoil this weekend, and changed all the plugs so everything should be good.

Sorry for the long stroy lol, I guess my real question is how long or well do you think my motor will handle the KB with the miles it has and being pushed every now and then at the track or when im feeling froggy and wanna romp on it from a light for a second??

I do plan on going forged in the near future this is just a deal I dont wanna pass up. I also posted this in the power adder section, I just want as much feedback as i can get.

• Sponsors (?)

Its all about the tune. If the air/fuel and timing is right you will be just fine and with 375 rwhp goals it sounds like you wana be on the conservative side anyway :nice: