10MPG!!! whats wrong??

• Sponsors (?)

Sorry, I'm out of town. Are those codes from the engine off test only or from the engine running test also? If you haven't done the KOER test, you should. The codes you have there aren't going to run your mileage down that much.

jstang, you should have gotten those codes with the engine off test as active codes as well as stored codes. What else do we need to know about your mods that you haven't told us as yet? All of my 2.3 Mustangs have averaged 25-30 mpg even in winter and some hard driving. Is your emergency brake stuck on? Do you live in a valley at the bottom of a 1/2 mile high hill? I'm afaid I'm at a loss at this point. Sorry.

Yes, an o2 sensor out of range would show up. My 90 LX H/B has over 267,000 miles on it and I've never changed anything except plugs and wires and cleaning the oil out of the throttle body every 3-4 tanks of gas.

Yes, the EGR function will affect mileage, but it is normally a valve not closing properly rather than the code you got for not opening properly. If you detach the EGR hose with the engine running and connect a hose directly from manifold vacuum to the valve, it should stall the engine. If not, clean the valve.