'11 GT 5.0 badge

Anyone put a '11 5.0 badge on their car here yet? It looks quite a bit bigger than the old fox 5.0 badges. Just curious and would like to see pics if anyone has. Or a comparison of the 5.0 badges side by side would work too to get an idea of the sizes.

• Sponsors (?)

Some on a fox best I can do for ya

new50emblems023.jpg

new50emblems022.jpg

Of course they're big! Look at the size of the behemoth they go on! 05 up Mustangs are just plain HUGE and need oversized badging to match. Sorry, I am a S197 hater...

LOL, I'm an S197 hater too, but I can't deny the allure seeing as someone just ran an 11.8 with slicks and a few minor bolt ons.

Kurt

Of course they're big! Look at the size of the behemoth they go on! 05 up Mustangs are just plain HUGE and need oversized badging to match. Sorry, I am a S197 hater...

Unfortunately crash standards are getting stricter; not more lenient.

I will say, I HATE the rear of the 10/11 Mustangs. But you won't see that from the driver's seat. I'm definately saving up for a new 2011 or 2012. There's more reasons to get one than not to.

Now we just have to wait for the novelty to wear off, and dealerships will be back to begging for sales.

Yeah, I don't want a car payment. The engine is bad ass no doubt about that. But I'll take the engine, and leave the car. If I build another toy car, there is no way I'm going heavier.

KUrt

I don't think those badges even look as good as the original 5.0 badges.

As long as we're talking about other than original badges, I put '66 GT repro badges on my '02 GT. I thought they looked pretty good. And it was cheaper than just shaving the badges altogether.

View attachment 219805

uh..how about.. no! Tail lights are simply a matter of taste that both function the same and serve the same purpose but have nothing to do with what type of Mustang they are attached to. Especially since the V6, V8 and Cobra models all came with the EXACT same tails.

I'm with MysteryMachine--I think all you guys sporting the vertical tail lights are mod-motor posers:stirpot::loser:

I'm with MysteryMachine--I think all you guys sporting the vertical tail lights are mod-motor posers:stirpot::loser:

Beg your pardon, but Mustangs wore vertical tail lights before Ford's mod motor was a twinkle in it's designing engineer's eyes! And I seem to recall the V8 muslce of yesteryear having...wait for it......16 pushrods and ONE ****ING CAM! /thread

Well this got waayy off track. All I wanted was pics of the new badge on a car. I probably wouldn't even do it, but I was curious. Thanks MysteryMachine. It doesn't look too huge. I really only asked because I have '96-'98 tails on my car and get a million people asking if it's a 4.6 and then asking if it's a real Cobra since '96-'98 Cobras had the Cobra rear bumper and twin nostril hood. I just think vertical tails are sort of Mustang trademarks which is 1 reason I put them in. Since most people aren't Mustang-savvy enough to realize my car is a '94-'95 Cobra because of the lack of a 3rd brake light in the deck lid, the spoiler WITH the 3rd brake light, V6 rear bumper, and Cobra wheels with SILVER inserts I've been looking for a way to make it clear to people.

Beg your pardon, but Mustangs wore vertical tail lights before Ford's mod motor was a twinkle in it's designing engineer's eyes! And I seem to recall the V8 muslce of yesteryear having...wait for it......16 pushrods and ONE ****ING CAM! /thread

Yikes there buddy. Calm yourself. I actually do agree with the other guys who said the tail lights really are a 4.6L badge so to speak. We all know they had vertical tail lights years ago as well, but those are not the ones that people throw on 94-95s.

I like the new 5.0 badge lol. I also have 96 lights on my 94 ha ha. I debated taking the stock fender badges off of my car after I painted it to replace them with the new 5.0 ones, but I got cheap and just put the stock "GT Mustang" ones back on.

To meeee anyway... the "GT Mustang" badges are more indicative of the 94/5s than the lights are. If anyone gets that picky, they can just look at my rocker skirts and see it's all 94 baby.

Eh, my car came with '96 tails, so I'm not easily offended about them. It also came with '96 Cobra wheels, so I'm sure it really throws people off.:D

I have been considering using the "Powered by Ford" fender badges used on the old '60's Cobras. The Sn95 GT badges just have an awesomely '90's font I'm not particularly fond of.

While I wholeheartedly agree that vertical taillights are more in keeping with the heritage, on our bodystyle, it tends to indicate that you're a 96-98, mod motor kinda guy. I'm just not into representing that look..., but if that's what you're wanting to portray, I'm not one to stop you.:stirpot::stirpot::stirpot:

To the OP: I like the new badges, and think they would look good, especially if you're sporting vertical taillights--it'll help clarify in people's mind that you're running a pushrod motor--unless they recognize that they're new badges, then they'll think you're running a mod motor 5.0 swapped into your 96 V6 car...:p