12 sec 1/4

My previous comment holds true though. I think you could get a New Edge GT into the 12s without full suspension, but suspension upgrades certainly help!!!

+1, you'd need a lot of power to get a new edge GT into the 12's w/o suspension. 98COBRA281 is a great example for how effective suspension mods are. He has a UPR k-member, upper and lower control arms, FLSFC's, and has run into the 11's w/ a N/A NPI headed 2V car.

Now it isn't easy obtaining the kind of 1/4 mile times he has, but considering he has done this N/A with only 330 RWHP is very impressive IMO. In fact, there are many with well over 400 RWHP that can't break into the 11's. Suspension set-up is definitely just as important as the engine/drivetrain.

• Sponsors (?)

Hahaha! My bad bro. It was the OTHER person with a blue Mustang avatar and sonic in their username. Ugh. I'm gettin' old!

My previous comment holds true though. I think you could get a New Edge GT into the 12s without full suspension, but suspension upgrades certainly help!!!

Ha i think im gonna change my name on here and probaly put a pic of my 82 in the avatar. But anyways i wanna do all control arms right shocks springs etc. for drag without doing the k member i live in an apartment right now and i get most of my stuff done on my cars here its funny. I pulled my whole front bumper off this morning and did a new header panel people were staring at me lol!

+1, you'd need a lot of power to get a new edge GT into the 12's w/o suspension. 98COBRA281 is a great example for how effective suspension mods are. He has a UPR k-member, upper and lower control arms, FLSFC's, and has run into the 11's w/ a N/A NPI headed 2V car.

Now it isn't easy obtaining the kind of 1/4 mile times he has, but considering he has done this N/A with only 330 RWHP is very impressive IMO. In fact, there are many with well over 400 RWHP that can't break into the 11's. Suspension set-up is definitely just as important as the engine/drivetrain.

your forgetting the most important part! the driver! brandon can drive! 330rwhp and going 114mph is driving to full potential.

Definitely possible. I ran a 12.9 in my 02 gt. Bolt-ons (minus LT headers and UDP's), 4.10's, drag radials, and some weight reduction. Only suspension mods were MM LCA's and Eibach Sportline springs.

**EDIT: Here's the thread from when i ran it if you are interested. http://www.stangnet.com/mustang-forums/811312-finally-did-new-pb.html

was thinkin about takin the front bumper support out and the spare tire for starters. Dont know if the bumper cover will sag any the header panel is what mostly holds it up:shrug:

The key to running 12s N/A is getting the car to transfer its weight from front to rear at the launch.

I was able to run a 12.90 with 265 rwhp (I had cams but no longtubes and no UDPs).

I removed the A/C and the front swaybar.
Installed adjustable struts so that they would extend fully.
Moved battery to the trunk.
Small front tires on 15 X 5 Welds up front.

275/50/15 M/T ET Street radials on 15 X 8 Welds in the rear.
3.73s.
MM LCAs.
Pulled the passenger seat and the rear seat at the track, as well as everything in the trunk.

Launched at 5500rpms and shifted at 6000rpms.