12.xx in an S197 GT???

• Sponsors (?)

I am on another board with the guy. He did it with those mods and not much for weight reduction. It was a great day for racing as the DA was well below Sea-level.

yea i realize that they could do 13.5's stock, i just thought they would need ALOT of weight reduction to reach 12.29 :shrug: i mean i see guys that are blown here on sn95's which are lighter doing those times and not much less :shrug:

i guess i just overestimated the meaning of having a low 12 second car, especially if you can do it with an automatic s197 with moderate bolt-ons

That is suprisingly fast, but possible. Obviously, he didn't list drag radials or slicks because he obviously has something to increase traction.

There was a S197 GT at my local track running low 12s with a KB. That was during the summer though.

oNE OF THE mUSTANG MAGS DID A WRITE UP A COUPLE YEARS BACK AND THEY TESTED THE POPULAR BOLT ONS (damn caps) on a stick and an auto S197. The Auto got 4.10s, CAI, Axle back, UD pully, Drag radials and a tune and ran a 12.2 @ 108 if memory serves :shrug:

I believe they are quick cars with the right mods and driver :nice: