$1200

• Sponsors (?)

fix/upgrade the stuff that is currently leaking/broken/etc...

example: oil pan leaking? go ahead and put a sumped 7qt pan. clutch is old and doesn't feel right? complete system overhaul.

if everything is perfect(i bet it isn't--noones is) then gears, intake manifold, u/d pullies, lowering springs, c/c plates

I think you should spend that money buying me a P.M.S. :D

But seriously, there are oh so many ways to spend that kinda cash. First off, are you running a 5 speed? If so, I would get an MGW shifter, subframe connectors, and 3.73 gears. Then with the left over start thinking about engine mods (starting with an intake).

I'd definately look into doing lowering springs, adjustable struts, cc plates. That will take up a nice chunk of that cash and will leave u smiling.

For performance stuff, i think u should try to sit down and figure out what you want out of the car performance wise, so u dont find yourself wasting money, trying to re-sell parts, etc.

95silvergt5.0 said:
What would you guys spend it on(car). Can be performance or visually enhancing. BTW ive got bbk x pipe and flowmaster cat back, and a k&n...

I would get some gears, (FMS 3.73's)
plus you will need a gear install kit (crush sleeve/shims/seals etc...)
+ install labor (find someone who KNOWS what they are doing if not your rear end will howl like a banshee).
They will give you the best bang for the buck (it's the biggest "feel fast" mod you can do until your ready to spend some $$$$ i.e. power adder/engine mods.

and maybe get your windows tinted? :)

If any leftover money hang onto it until you figure out what it is you want to do with the car.
I have found through trial and error you will save $1000's if not 10's of thousands in the long run.......:jaw: if you take your time, and STUDY the "total package" before you start diving into engine mods.

(another thought- you could pick up some chrome rims if your wanting alittle "bling")

give us some more info about what you want to do with your car if you want some more "in depth" answers. many will be happy to chime in.

Gator J.

I would do the basics, your car will feel great after these:

Gears
Underdrive Pulleys
Short Shifter
Headers
Lowering Springs
Throttle Body
Shocks/Struts
in that order...

If you shop around you should beable to get most of that for a good price.

Such a personal decision. Though they vary widely, every reply is correct since it is what is important to the individual posting. That's where info about you (pics even of the car) and your desires (like others asked about) is so important.

Good luck.

Green 94 5.0 said:
go with afs for the wheels.....the 17x9 front and 17x10.5 wheels look gorgeous on our cars. the 10x5 inch wheel and correct offset fills the rear wheel wells perfectly. that will also allow you to run a 315-35 tire in the rear.
Couldnt have said it better myself, if your looking for the best price on tires (315x35x17) look on www.tirerack.com for the "summitomo" special

treadware isnt spectacular but they hold up ok and fit well.

bimmertech said:
fix/upgrade the stuff that is currently leaking/broken/etc...

example: oil pan leaking? go ahead and put a sumped 7qt pan. clutch is old and doesn't feel right? complete system overhaul.

if everything is perfect(i bet it isn't--noones is) then gears, intake manifold, u/d pullies, lowering springs, c/c plates

^^^ This is what you should do. So many people mod before they maintain/repair.

For example, I've had some extra cash to spend on the car over the last 2 months, and wanted FMS 3:73 installed. But I had other needs. I put new rotors and pads all around, had the tranny flushed & supercooler installed, fixed a suspension issue, and did a good synthetic oil change. It would have been easy to get some gears, or a nice MAF/intake package, ect, but I had to address other issues first.

Scott_95GT said:
^^^ This is what you should do. So many people mod before they maintain/repair.

For example, I've had some extra cash to spend on the car over the last 2 months, and wanted FMS 3:73 installed. But I had other needs. I put new rotors and pads all around, had the tranny flushed & supercooler installed, fixed a suspension issue, and did a good synthetic oil change. It would have been easy to get some gears, or a nice MAF/intake package, ect, but I had to address other issues first.
thats what i did. i fixed my oil pan gasket. i have to drop my tank to replace the filler neck grommit so i am replaceing my bad (i think) pump at the same time. doing all maintanince before other mods. all my pads and rotors are shot, so i figured since i need new ones anyways i am upgrading to cobra ones. only spending money once.

95silvergt5.0 said:
What would you guys spend it on(car). Can be performance or visually enhancing. BTW ive got bbk x pipe and flowmaster cat back, and a k&n...
It really depends on what "you" want.......some people are into performance....some love the visual.........If you only have 1200.00 then my suggestion is this........Gears for the performance......I think a lot of stanger's would agree that is a very noticable upgrade.......Use the rest for rims or new shoes.....or new hood......If you have only that amount and get into major mods you will need extra money for supporting mods...........just my two cents.....good luck and money well spent on the stang