13" brake kits

• Sponsors (?)

i just looked, it was just short of 800 for the front and rear cobra upgrade...but i did waste 200 on the reat bullit brake calipers...they are the same as stock just red. I didn't know this when i ordered mine a couple years ago. If you have any questions just pm me.

what is your goal. looks? single stop distance? repeatability? since you have a 99+ you won't see that much improvement.

both kits have 2 piston PBR calipure. ~130 60-0 on both kits.

The avantage on the cobra kit would be if you did 10 strait stops you would have less fade.

I could not justify the cost because at the track the cobra kit is not enough and on the street it is not enough improvement fot he money.

now the people with older stangs don't have the dual piston PBR brakes stock.

Too make a short story long I would rather spend 1k and have better brakes in a 1 stop situation (4piston calipure lagarger rotor) than $500 and have something I can't really take advangate of in a 1 stop situation.

run some more aggresive pads and some stainless lines. that will usually give you a better pedal feal.

AmBo said:
but I need new rotors, when I stop my car feels like I'm stopping on a roller coaster. REALLY annoying. Where can I pick up some nice new rotors for my stockers?

well rotors come in many styles brands and configurations. tirerack has a tone of rotor options. I asume ford is expensive. Ebay has a tone of them.

I just don't know what brand is the best. tirerack has brembo rotors for $50 front $40 rear. I assume you only need front.

Ok, this is my final decision, please help me.

WHAT WOULD YOU DO:

Upgrade my 00 GT stock calipers/rotors with a Bullitt 13" kit

OR

Upgrade my 00 GT stock calipers/rotors/pads with -
Brembo Sport Slotted Rotors
Hawk Performance Ceramic Pads AND
Goodridge G-Stop Brakeline Kit

Ok I have been talking to Steve over at Tousley Ford (he's been looking up stuff for my upgrade), and this is what he quoted me:

O.K. go to the FRPP site and look at these parts,

M-2400-C severe duty brake kit $148.50
M-2320-C Cobra caliper kit $176.00

I have both of those in stock, you would get the '03-'04 Cobra calipers and rotors with braided lines.

It should be everything you need for installation.

The calipers come with stock Cobra pads.

Total for the parts $324.50 and freight shouldn't be too bad.

AmBo said:
Ok, this is my final decision, please help me.

WHAT WOULD YOU DO:

Upgrade my 00 GT stock calipers/rotors with a Bullitt 13" kit

OR

Upgrade my 00 GT stock calipers/rotors/pads with -
Brembo Sport Slotted Rotors
Hawk Performance Ceramic Pads AND
Goodridge G-Stop Brakeline Kit

hey man its your money! lol basically the performance is gonna be pretty close...the only difference is the 13" rotor being better. So its a matter of how much you want to spend...i know my 13 rotors and bullit calipers look great but i didn't have 2 piston calipers to start with.

short story long how much is the look of the cobra kit worth too you.

If it is work $150-200 do it. I like the look of it better. I mean when my brakes are shot totally I don't know what I will do. it is not worth replacing good brakes with the cobra kit but if you have to buy rotors anyway this would be the best time to do it if it is worth the extra $$$

you could alwasy sell you old calipures and brackets on ebay so someone with an older stang.

hognutz said:
short story long how much is the look of the cobra kit worth too you.

If it is work $150-200 do it. I like the look of it better. I mean when my brakes are shot totally I don't know what I will do. it is not worth replacing good brakes with the cobra kit but if you have to buy rotors anyway this would be the best time to do it if it is worth the extra $$$

you could alwasy sell you old calipures and brackets on ebay so someone with an older stang.

this man speaks the truth....alot of the fox body guys are using the 99 up gt brakes with the 5 lug conversion cause they are cheaper then the cobra's. so selling them should be easy if you do go the cobra route.