17's or 18's

I would also like to request some pictures of mustangs on 18s that look goofy. And im not talking about some "bling" wheels that would look goofy in any size....

Heres my contribution :D
parking_lot_2.jpg

My brother has 18" bullits on his mach, it doesnt look goofy. MY best friend has 18" saleens on his 99, it doesnt look goofy, and my other friends car with 18s on his 96 s281 doesnt look goofy...

I am only arguing against the aesthetic argument. Performance and price are different in which some of these guys have valid points. :flag:

• Sponsors (?)

Its is all about what you like...18s in a package deal set me back 1600.00....17s will set you back around 1000.00...Its always about the Benjamins... :D

This is goofy... :D My "painting the car rims" off my daughters Eclipse...check out the rears...

new_rims.jpg

17s..
drivers_side.jpg

18s...with the same springs..
drivers_rear_1.jpg

Taller springs in the rear....1 1/2"
clean_6.jpg

Here's a shot of some chrome Cobras Rs I bought before the 18s....I put these on and just didn't like the stance....the front was gapped out, that meant new springs again...The rears had 315s on em...that didn't set well with me either...and the tire was still tucked in the wheelwell...not what I was looking for...
I sold the set for what I paid and went 18s...Not that 17s looks bad, not the case...just mine... :D

Myself I tend to go easy on the tires as they are $$$$ I like the package deals and tend swap things around...When my tires got a season left on em..I sell the package and get another style wheel...
new_wheels_2.jpg

Not to insult anyone's cars, but the 18" wheels just don't do it for me. Again, no offense, but if I saw a car like juiced_94gt I would assume that was either an all-shower or a ghetto cruiser..feel free to insult my car back. ;)

This "largest diameter wheel I can fit!" is just another fad in the car world; twenty years ago folks were doing the exact opposite, installing LIFTING springs to jack up the back end of their cars because back then that was considered good looking.

Personally, I don't see the big appeal of either; and irregardless I prefer low cost and functionality over looks any day.

The rare Mustang I do see wearing 18s that I actually like is usually that Mustang with lots of suspension modifications and minimal "bling bling" in which case I'll usually assume the person is serious about performance in the handling department and is seeking minimal sidewall flex.