18" wheels

merc123

Jan 27, 2003
North GA
I'm looking to get 18x9 for the front and 18x10 for the rear with a 24mm offset from Mustang Tuning. I'm thinking about keeping 275/35/18 on the front and 315/30/18 on the rear. Are those correct tire sizes and will I NEED spacers or anything to make the 18x10's fit on the back? Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

That is the correct tire size. I am not sure about the wheel spacers though. I don't think you need them.

I am sure you have researched tire prices and stuff, so you know that the tire selection for 305 and 315s are pretty slim and expensive. It can be alot cheaper to stick with 285 or 295s in the rear. Just wanted to throw my .02 in.

BTW post pics when you get them. I want to ditch my 17s for 18s in the future.

Hell no you dont need wheel spacers in the back especially with a tire that wide. I have 295s on the back and I am VERY pleased on how they look. I would have gone wider, but Kuhmo didnt make it any wider, and I already found a killer deal on the front tires.

Also, I think 275s would be perfect, I have 265/35 and I wish they were just a tad wider.

GET HOME ALREADY!!!!!!!!!

You may want to go 10.5 inches wide in the back with 315s. That may be too much tire for just 10s. I could be wrong. I know that some of have done it, but some say that is not safe.
I have 295 on 10 inchers. Wanted to go wider, but decided against.
Also it is hard to find 315s that are not Drag Radials. But maybe you want those.

you definately DO NOT need wheel spacers in back for 18x10 saleen replicas...with a 295 tire, they sit flush with the fender :nice: they sit out far enough to the point where i had to roll my fenders because they gashed my tires.

DSC01361.jpg

Attachments

• DSC01361.jpg
    DSC01361.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 79
FivePointStang said:
Hell no you dont need wheel spacers in the back especially with a tire that wide. I have 295s on the back and I am VERY pleased on how they look. I would have gone wider, but Kuhmo didnt make it any wider, and I already found a killer deal on the front tires.

Also, I think 275s would be perfect, I have 265/35 and I wish they were just a tad wider.

GET HOME ALREADY!!!!!!!!!

I agree that 275s would be perfect for the front. That's what I'll be looking for next. I was a little gun shy because 2 tire shops told me 255 was as wide as I could go in front. I didn't even consider buying from them. After listening to the post on this forum I went with 265s. Mine is lowered 1.5" and I live in an area with terrible roads, but I've had no problems with scraping or with sharp turns.

i just ordered my 18's, the rears are the easy ones to figure, but i need to really decide on the fronts. i hate the stretched look as much as i hate tires that stick out. maybe I should get 255 or 265's

I'm probably going to go with the 295's in the back on 18x10's and 245 or 255 on the fronts depending on how my 275's look. I have 275's all the way around and I haven't seen them on the car yet so I'll make my decision after that.