1969 351W Block

• Sponsors (?)

Hickfied said:
Anything wrong with the block? Is it ready to put my parts in and go? Any rust on the cyls?

It's a 69 351W right? Do you have the ability to crate and ship freight? :D
nothing is wrong with the block. . . i would hot tank it before assembly as it has been sitting on the stand for a year and has collected dust! It even has a crankshaft in it right now. PM me for shipping info

geez 2V you are the oppisite of me. I have a 351w in my car with a spare 302 sitting around that i think i will get a 331 stroker kit for a build just in case the 351 goes boom. personally if i was you i would b building a 408 or even a 393 with that 351w.

86bluecobra said:
geez 2V you are the oppisite of me. I have a 351w in my car with a spare 302 sitting around that i think i will get a 331 stroker kit for a build just in case the 351 goes boom. personally if i was you i would b building a 408 or even a 393 with that 351w.
HAHAH thats so funny because thats what my plan was to do! Have 393 or 408 sitting on the stand incase the 331 blew up! I have a 71 351 standard bore block that i plan on using

yep can't have my daily driver feel like a dog plus i want the power so i can tow my car to and from races. then i can take the family. I love driving to events and driving away but i have 2 daughters and a wife and i like them to be there when i race.

Thanks for all the help...Im going to go get the block this weekend. I included pictures in my previous post of the block...as you can see it is dirty and rusted...how do I prepare this block to be stored (for about a year)? Should I paint it? Can anything be told by the pictures that should keep me from buying this block? Thanks.